Tourist Visa Extension Now Requires A Picture

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted

I was just there 2 weeks ago (Iloilo) and still got the old form.  Really can't imagine why they need a pic every time.  A pic is already on my ACR.   I guess I will get a bunch of pics at the mall.... good thing they are cheap.

Just extended today, and they had lots of the new forms. But they were still accepting the old ones. I guess next time I will have to have the 2x2 (good thing I'm a photographer with own printer and photo paper :999: :cheersty: :dance: )

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
Just extended today, and they had lots of the new forms. But they were still accepting the old ones.

I just extended today in Dumaguete.  They had lots of the new forms and were NOT accepting the old ones as the guy in front of me brought in a fully completed OLD form and the lady told him to do it over on the new form and go get a picture.

EDIT:  My experience in no way suggests that Daydreamer's experience is invalid.  I am only showing that your experience with BI WILL vary depending on the office and the employee and the date and time that you go.  Be prepared.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted
just extended today in Dumaguete. They had lots of the new forms and were NOT accepting the old ones as the guy in front of me brought in a fully completed OLD form and the lady told him to do it over on the new form and go get a picture.
That's Dumaguete, I'm here in Cebu and just about everyone had the old forms that they either downloaded or copied from somewhere

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

just extended today in Dumaguete. They had lots of the new forms and were NOT accepting the old ones as the guy in front of me brought in a fully completed OLD form and the lady told him to do it over on the new form and go get a picture.
That's Dumaguete, I'm here in Cebu and just about everyone had the old forms that they either downloaded or copied from somewhere

I think Dave's point is be prepared for either wherever you are. 

• Like 2

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted
I think Dave's point is be prepared for either wherever you are.
That is true, which is why I went ahead and downloaded the new form and deleted the old one and since I take a lot of pics of myself and pregnant fiance so, I'll have a lot of 2x2's on hand

• 1 month later...
Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I just did an extension the other day.  My first on the new 2 page form.  But they said no picture required?  I have a packet of pics... and they did not want one.  This was in Iloilo. 

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted (edited)

I just did an extension the other day.  My first on the new 2 page form.  But they said no picture required?  I have a packet of pics... and they did not want one.  This was in Iloilo. 

For my most recent visa extension in Baguio I was required to provide pictures. So as usual, requiring the pictures is dependent on the policies of the local BI office you use.

This was the first time there was any delay in getting the visa extension. The official who needed to approve the extension was in Manila so they just gave me a receipt and I had to come back 3 days later to get my passport.

Edited by earthdome
  • Like 1

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted (edited)

I had my visa extension done by an agent. As I was in Argao and couldn't supply a picture, they scanned the one in my passport and that sufficed for this time. Where there is a will there is a way hehe

Edited by Fred & Mimi

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I had my visa extension done by an agent. As I was in Argao

Just as a matter of interest and if you don't  mind me asking, What was the cost, of using an Agent. Their part I mean?  Some times, I think it would be better, to use one but have never really gone in to it.

:tiphat:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Just as a matter of interest and if you don't  mind me asking, What was the cost, of using an Agent. Their part I mean?  Some times, I think it would be better, to use one but have never really gone in to it.

I have used 2 different agents, in Cebu, during the last 2 years.  Both charged me 1,300 per renewal in addition to the visa cost.  It used to be a LOT cheaper but they say the BI makes it difficult for them these days and they have to pass the cost on.