Tourist Visa Extension Now Requires A Picture

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Both charged me 1,300 per renewal in addition to the visa cost.

OucH :unsure:  Cheaper to spend the whole day in Town if needed and even with lunch, I would have change.

I can't see it being any Cheaper, here in Dumaguete  :no:

Thanks for the reply Dave, I guess I will just carry on as Normal.

:tiphat:

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

For a tourist, a single incident 1,300 piso charge may not sound like much to not interrupt their vacation but over a years time, it sounds like 7,800 that could be better blown on something else. :)

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Posted Today, 01:25 PM For a tourist, a single incident 1,300 piso charge may not sound like much to not interrupt their vacation but over a years time, it sounds like 7,800 that could be better blown on something else.

This Robert, I am afraid to say, is or will be, the downfall of our lovely but sometimes Blinkered loved ones from the Fantasy islands.      post-2148-0-13548700-1401780728.gif

What a Pity, Where they are so forthright on one hand, they can be so backward on another.

To save money???? One would expect them to get a  single fare, in the hope that they might save. Saying, OH! but I might stay there, never thinking, that they may not like it, where ever, they are going.

BUT! don't you just love them??

No need to worry, we are all in the same Boat.    post-2148-0-16480200-1401781180_thumb.jp

just go with the flow.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

First let me address why I (or anyone) might use an agent and pay 1300 pesos.  When I had to travel to Cebu to do the renewal then I would spend much more than 1300 on travel, hotels and misc.  So I saved a LOT by paying an agent.

Now that I am in Dumaguete I can go to the BI and get my renewal very quickly.  There is one thing that irks me, their attention to detail like the expiry date on my ACR card.  Nobody in Cebu BI ever gave a feck if the thing was expired so long as I had one at the 59 day point.  So I got away with an expired card more often than not.  Now I have to pay the 2,000 plus per year to renew that useless card.

I went into the Duma BI today for my usual renewal and yes they want pictures.  1 picture is not enough.  I picture with a color photocopy of same is not good enough.  2 different pictures are not good enough.  Must be 2 identical pictures taken recently and there is a photo place just down the hall that kicks back 20 pesos a head to the gal in BI.  Ooops, did I say that last part out loud?

Anyway, the procedure is pretty painless once you have it down and follow all their petty little rules.  2 pics, photocopies of the correct passport pages, fill out the form, and of course pay money.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Anyway, the procedure is pretty painless once you have it down and follow all their petty little rules.  2 pics, photocopies of the correct passport pages, fill out the form, and of course pay money.

Ah! OK rule changes again, the form has only one (1) Place for a Photo, What do you think they do with the other one? mmmm maybe the Girls has a Scrap Book. :hystery:

When I did my FEB renewal, just one photo, stuck on the Form was all, that was needed. Talk about Irked, seems they really do,  just want to FUA.

• Like 3

jon1
Posted
Posted

I only had to submit one photo with my extension in Olongapo. I agree about the ACR. Mine was expired almost 1.5 years. Last year I paid the fee for one and never got it. This year I was told it will be received in 3 weeks. yeaahhhhhhh and I have a bridge that is for sale cheap :)

Don't you just love how they change the requirements and the government agency doesn't have the means to support them? It's a great racket to set in motion for all sorts of cottage industries; photo copying, photo printing, etc.

• Like 2