So, Since I Am Arriving In Cebu At Midnight What Should I........

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)

I see no reason not to prepare for Hep, I think it will be almost as useful in the US as it would anywhere else. I was in construction and the company I worked for had a sideline in plumbing, I've seen alot of commercial kithcens when the young guys found something unusual, drains full of marbles from sabotage, a 3-3/4 inch gatoraide bottle will go down a 4 inch cleanout until it hits a any kind of bend fitting and other joyous stories, but half the kitchens I would not eat food from. The company used open reel serco snakes and would sling sewage 30 feet to either side and to the ceiling, in an operating kitchen, with food uncovered, nice resteraunts, not taco hells. :thumbsup:

Edited by robert k
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Get the hepatitis shot just to be safe, surprised you haven't had one yet.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Father got his money from the sale of his house and the next thing we know he is headed off to the Philippines.(Before internet and all_ He comes back with this beautiful girl half his age to the shock of the entire family. He retires from General Motors and proceeds with his new life. And all I know is that for the next 16 years he was the HAPPIEST MAN I EVE DID SEE! And she was amazing. Did not become "Americanized" and all of that. Hard worker, loyal, devoted to him up to his last days in 2003. TO this DAY I never have seen anything like it. So here I am 11 years later after his death..........................looking for the same.
If the first one isn't good, then you can ask your Filipina stepmother for suiting relatives of her. Or marry her  :)
Because MOST OF ALL OF YOU KEEP SAYING don't get caught up with one when there are THOUSANDS of wonderful girls here.
Because of you think she is the one - If sneak meating several, then it's risk blowing the contact with the good ONE, she can have counsins checking you everywhere   :)    If she isn't the one, then you have chance to check several others AFTERWARDS anyway.
  • Like 1

lifeasisrael
Posted
Posted

Father got his money from the sale of his house and the next thing we know he is headed off to the Philippines.(Before internet and all_ He comes back with this beautiful girl half his age to the shock of the entire family. He retires from General Motors and proceeds with his new life. And all I know is that for the next 16 years he was the HAPPIEST MAN I EVE DID SEE! And she was amazing. Did not become "Americanized" and all of that. Hard worker, loyal, devoted to him up to his last days in 2003. TO this DAY I never have seen anything like it. So here I am 11 years later after his death..........................looking for the same.
If the first one isn't good, then you can ask your Filipina stepmother for suiting relatives of her. Or marry her  :)

Because MOST OF ALL OF YOU KEEP SAYING don't get caught up with one when there are THOUSANDS of wonderful girls here.
Because of you think she is the one - If sneak meating several, then it's risk blowing the contact with the good ONE, she can have counsins checking you everywhere   :)    If she isn't the one, then you have chance to check several others AFTERWARDS anyway.

No not all because of me that is FOR SURE. She has thought that for sometime. I am very cautious. Even recently when I insist that there could be a possibility that we will not like each other that she will not like me (I never say the reverse) doesn't matter that we seem to be perfect Pisces. :D  She doesn't like to think like that she says. Anywho I am chatting her now so I will ask her to jump on plane and me meet in Cebu. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
lifeasisrael
Posted
Posted

I've stayed at The Quest and highly recommend it. As others have said its a five minute walk to Ayala Mall which is exactly like any mall in the States. (Except everyone walks really slow...)

If I recall, The Quest does have a pickup service. Probably cost you around 500p. A white cab ride will run about 150p. As this is your first time and coming after a long flight and probably half way to zombie land, I'd advise getting the hotel to pick you up. At 500p vs 150p you're looking at $12 v $3.5 for a 20 to 30 minute ride to The Quest. It'll be worth the extra $8 for you peace of mind. (That said, I've never had any problem using the white cabs. But! For my first time I had the hotel collect me.)

You were absolutely right on all accounts. Just a little bit more though money wise. I am in the Qwest right now about to check out in about hour or so to head back to airport to take plane to Bacolod Anyway did book their pickup service for 800. It was totally worth it. Felt more comfortable on that 30 ,minute drive at 1 in the morning to hotel. Plus yes I was in ZOMBIE LAND! Driver was real nice car was very cool inside when I got past customs another guy standing out there with my name smiling and looking. Qwest is really great hotel I have really enjoyed it very much, Now I will take taxi back to airport. All I see are white taxis out front but its all still good. I thank everyone for advice on everything. Missed the mall because it is HOLY WEEK and I got here 1 Friday morning so nest day was Good Friday. But I will come back through.

• Like 3

northtoalaska
Posted
Posted

Good to hear your trip is staring off well. Keep us posted on your adventures!

robert k
Posted
Posted

When you've seen one mall full of pretty girls, you've seen them all. :)

Jake
Posted
Posted

When you've seen one mall full of pretty girls, you've seen them all. :)

And don't forget about the pretty bakla boys.....he, he.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
the_whipster
Posted
Posted

I only read the first page of this thread, but nobody asked this guy, if it was his FIRST TIME IN ASIA.

this is important, because if it is, he needs to stay in a really quite upscale hotel the first few nights. At least as good as the Waterfront. If he is on a budget the Metro Park would not be so bad. Who would possibly advise him to go to Colon on his first night, and stay at The Mercedes Hotel, like somebody advised the OP somewhere else. Although they are OK at the Mercedes, they can't help being located where they are - right in the middle of one of the biggest toilets you will find anywhere.

and not a bad idea, to stay in Cebu or even Manila before going to Bacolod a few days later to meet the internet girlfriend, if it is an internet girlfriend, because the last thing you want is have them meet you at the airport. Planes leave from Cebu to Bacolod every day. And even then don't have her meet you at the Bacolod airport. Go to a hotel in Bacolod city and meet her there, maybe a few days after you arrive there too. And you'll have acclimatised by then. You won't have to stay in an upscale hotel any more.

• Like 2

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted

i disagree, haha! 

if your budget is up to 2k pesos, Dulcinea Suites is the place to go if arriving late in macatan Cebu airport, which is where he will land. Stunning rooms, sea view on one side. Best value I've ever stayed in, in terms of bang for buck. Booking in advance recommended.

• Like 1