Globe Load Cancer

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

I use a Globe Tattoo Stick as my only means if connecting to the internet. I noticed that my load slowly gets eaten away though I don't use the stick. I used to get load over what I needed but now I will only load when I need and keep the stick at near zero as Globe gremlins will bring it down to zero in no time.

Example 19-04-2014 load was 9.50p valid to 15-05-2014

21-04-2014 load was 2.00p valid to 15-05-2014

Blatant ripoff if you ask me! Anyone else suffer from this problem?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Got to ask

Anyone else have access or use of the stick? 

Have you unplugged it?  Maybe try removing the sim card? 

• Like 1

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted
Got to ask Anyone else have access or use of the stick?  Have you unplugged it?  Maybe try removing the sim card? 

Nope, just me and I make sure that I close the connection before the supersurf deadline. I check to see what my load count is when I log off and then check it later. It always seems to go down recently. I will just deal with the problem by not loading up my card more than I need. It will be interesting to see now that I have fresh load apart from the 2p whether it still happens

Jake
Posted
Posted

I use a Globe Tattoo Stick as my only means if connecting to the internet. I noticed that my load slowly gets eaten away though I don't use the stick. I used to get load over what I needed but now I will only load when I need and keep the stick at near zero as Globe gremlins will bring it down to zero in no time.

If memory serves me right, there was a comment here a long time ago about how to disable all the promotions

being fed down your throat.  Anyone remember that? 

Lou49
Posted
Posted

I have had the same thing happen with Smart. I have 500p load one day and it is gone the next day. It has happened to me 3 times.

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

Globe started a new promo where if you don't say no you get it anyway 10php a txt from them.  3 to 4 times a day.  Reminds me of UK about 6 years ago

• Like 2

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

Again I check with no push emails in my box

21-04-2014 - balance 212p, use supersurf200 remaining 12p

22-04-2014 - balance 9.50p ??

Soon they will stop my browsing cause I don't have the minimum 5p to continue

BASTARDS !!!!

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted
I have had the same thing happen with Smart. I have 500p load one day and it is gone the next day.

I remember with a tablet using a smart sim that it automaticlly defaults to using the internet at 5p increments. I lost all my credits real quick too

jpbago
Posted
Posted (edited)

Globe started a new promo where if you don't say no you get it anyway 10php a txt from them.  3 to 4 times a day.  Reminds me of UK about 6 years ago

Good business plan...sell you a load then send you texts until the load is gone then repeat. Got to get some shares in that company.

Edited by jpbago

MikeB
Posted
Posted

So there was a usage of p2.50 in one day. If you are transferring load (share-a-load) I think there's a 1 peso fee that doesn't show when you check status. Also, go into the text menu of the tattoo interface and check the Inbox and Outbox if there is anything but system texts (Globe, 8888, etc.) I use a Tattoo stick as backup and never had this problem but it's widely reported on cell phones. Next step would be call them. I guess you don't have broadband availability?

• Like 1