Salary For Maid/helper

alexherald
Posted
Posted

If you have to ask the question then your to old .

If you notice in your country that hardly any women give you the time of day and that bothers you, Than get you @@s over here. Your in for a pleasant surprise.

If you ever wondered what it would be like for man to have the advantage instead of woman.

If you ever wondered whats its like to be overly pampered by a cute Filipina.

Ever wondered what its like to have a full time maid ( $45 a month )

A full time maid for $45  that means  2000P is a little bit exagerated ..   between $60 and $70 is more realistic

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I split this into it's own topic. I would have a hard time paying a f/t maid (live-in or out) 2000 a month even though that is the minimum salary under the Kasambahay Law for a 1st class municipality like Argao. If they work 6 days a week it works out to about p80 a day. But you also have to factor in the costs of SSS and PhilHealth that the employer is required to pay on behalf or the employee. There is a level of trust for someone who is either living in or coming to your home every day to work, consistently underpaying someone in that position doesn't seem like a smart thing to do.    

• Like 4

robert k
Posted
Posted

1500 piso is the minimum wage for a maid in some areas. 2,000 piso would be minimum wage plus SSS and Philhealth.

If they were a good employee, I would pay more. If they are live in, part of their pay is room and board.

My fiancee is live in help, does everything a maid does plus yaya plus bookkeeping plus did hospice care for her employers recently deceased mother in Manila, 7,000 piso a month. As her boss is a doctor, I imagine that she eats better than the average live in help and has access to free wifi. She pities the guards who have to find their own lodging and board and pay for uniforms from 10,000 piso a month, in Manila.

The maid in the province with 1,500 piso a month to save or spend on whatever she so desires could do much worse. I am sure there are people paid much more who do not get to bank a dollar a day after living expenses.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

As always, this is just MY OPINION, based on my experience and WHERE I live. We pay our maid P3500 a month. I was once given the advice and I followed it. If you find a good maid,,,pay her a bit extra to keep her. In my observation, maids are not only house help but also a companion for your lady. They jabber in tagolog together, watch "be careful with my heart" and "showtime" together. The newspapers (and this board) are full of stories about maids ripping their employer off or even conspiring to kill them. It is not confined to rich Kano's. IMHO if you hire and pay a maid a very low wage, you'll get exactly what you pay for.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

My family has a great 30 something lady who gets 4,000 peso a month, lunch and sometimes dinner. She is well treated and lives nearby.

When you interview make it clear if she has a phone in her hand she is out of work.

• Like 4

MikeB
Posted
Posted
When you interview make it clear if she has a phone in her hand she is out of work.

I've had better results treating them as adults.    

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I've had better results treating them as adults.

Thanks Mike.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
1500 piso is the minimum wage for a maid in some areas. 2,000 piso would be minimum wage plus SSS and Philhealth.
Yes, and minimum 2500p in Manila.

Plus SSS, PhilHealth, Pag-Ibig, food and a decent sleep place.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

In addition to the 13th month pay, my wife would set aside monthly a small amount as a Christmas gift. It would be something like P200 they could look forward to spending. She would instruct them to buy something nice for themselves. The money was not meant to give away to some relative in need. It was also a way to prevent them from leaving which sometimes happens without notice.

• Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted

What has worked very well for my wife and me is whenever one of her many cousins graduates from high school we bring her up from Mindanao to Cebu. She lives with us, eats the same food as us, goes on trips with us, we buy cloths for her and a cell phone if she doesn't already have one, she watches TV with us and we teach her how to use one of our computers and let her use it some each day. We buy all the personal items she needs but we don't pay her a salary.  Being younger than us she does most of the dish washing, clothes washing and house cleaning. My wife teaches her how to cook and then she can do part of the cooking. The last one has gone back to Mindanao and the next one graduated yesterday so she will be coming here soon after she gets her Diploma. My wife's cousins are relatives and not employees so the law does not apply to them and since they are relatives that my wife knows if one of them turns out to be a liar or thief we will send her home immediately in shame. They have such a good life living with us that they don't want to do anything wrong.

This works very good for us and the relatives who get the chance to live with us. You would be surprised how well her younger cousins are doing in school and how well behaved they are now. We know one who is a thief so she can forget about ever living with us. We don't even let her visit us. A thief is a liar too which are two things that my wife and I hate.

I believe its better to have a helper in your home who is a known relative than a stranger that neither one of you know.

• Like 3