Daily Pay For Live Out Housekeeper / Cook / Maid

sjp52
Posted
Posted

I think you should pay them close to what the government says. We come hear and think we know whats best for them but do we really. There are low paying jobs back west and every one knows you cant support a family on that wage. The same thing here. Every one knows a maids job is low paying. But so are the other jobs compared to back home. I feel for the helpers as I have one but they picked that job knowing it does not pay much and yes some have no choice.  There are some foreigners that think the taxi drivers are not paid enough and give big tips. Those taxi drivers think all foreigners can afford to pay big fares now because of the few bid spenders.Last time I arrived in Manila I had to ask 3 taxis before getting a decent rate, The other 2 wanted 25 US. They didn,t even mention pesos. We treat are maid well and pay her the going rate. Shes happy and thats why she stays

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)
2500p is for live IN helpers (in Manila). That's why I find it more fair to compare with unskilled labour.

Maid/housekeeping work is considered unskilled, as is bar, retail etc.  I added 25% for the randomness of non-full time work. That's why my little formula is 2500/20 x 1.25.

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

2500p is for live IN helpers (in Manila). That's why I find it more fair to compare with unskilled labour.

Maid/housekeeping work is considered unskilled, as is bar, retail etc.  I added 25% for the randomness of non-full time work. That's why my little formula is 2500/20 x 1.25.

Yes, that's why I compared with them  :)    Not fair giving one live OUT domestic helper only what the live IN domestic helpers get, because the live out ones need to pay several things themselves, which the live in get for free.

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
Yes, that's why I compared with them :) Not fair giving one live OUT domestic helper only what the live IN domestic helpers get, because the live out ones need to pay several things themselves, which the live in get for free.

Sorry Thomas, I misunderstood you're original post :bash:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Ynot
Posted
Posted

Just spoke to my gf her youngest sister who is 17 years old is a live in housemaid and she gets paid 3000 peso a month. New to the job, so that may have an impact on what she gets paid!!! She works 6 days a week has sundays off.