New To Cebu- Looking For The Old Farts Bar

Crocodile
Posted
Posted

Checked out Giligans today.  Kind of hard to get a good bar feel with only two bar stools.  It was mid afternoon and the place was pretty empty.  But a couple of Pilsners and an order of fries went down just fine.  We are planning on checking out some of the other bars mentioned in this thread this weekend.  We are always available if anybody wants to meet up too.

I truly think that it is "horses for courses".  It is about how you feel and the vibe at the time.

It is good to try a few different places.  Sometime it might be TGI Fridays.  Sometimes it could be sometime the complete opposite.

Like anything, don't jump to conclusions, don't believe what you see/hear.

What is heaven for one person is hell for another.  Take advice and go experience it for yourself.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
RoMac
Posted
Posted (edited)

Checked out Giligans today.  Kind of hard to get a good bar feel with only two bar stools.  It was mid afternoon and the place was pretty empty.  But a couple of Pilsners and an order of fries went down just fine.  We are planning on checking out some of the other bars mentioned in this thread this weekend.  We are always available if anybody wants to meet up too.

I truly think that it is "horses for courses".  It is about how you feel and the vibe at the time.

It is good to try a few different places.  Sometime it might be TGI Fridays.  Sometimes it could be sometime the complete opposite.

Like anything, don't jump to conclusions, don't believe what you see/hear.

What is heaven for one person is hell for another.  Take advice and go experience it for yourself.

I can think of only one instance when it can be heaven and hell all at the same time for an inexperienced person, but don't wanna be outed as a one-track-mind. Beer Gin anyone?

Edited by RoMac
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
bows00
Posted
Posted
We are planning on checking out some of the other bars mentioned in this thread this weekend.

Cool.  You are threading one of my all time favorite pass times!  Please follow up and provide some feedback of the bars you visited. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
mcdaddypig
Posted
Posted
On 12/10/2015 at 6:33 PM, wrenn said:

We are planning on checking out some of the other bars mentioned in this thread this weekend.  We are always available if anybody wants to meet up too.

Agreed with bows00, keep us posted on your future feedback with more bars or pubs within the area.  Definitely would keep you posted when I'm in town and settled and ready for a few good drinks and company.  Cheers.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 4/4/2015 at 8:49 AM, Jack Peterson said:

OH! OH! :unsure:Question Mark.png Some things are better left Unsaid   :thumbsup:

JP :tiphat:

No, go for the trouble while you have the chance!

• Like 2