Rp On The Brink Of Recession--official

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Well, beyond the condo / real estate price issues, what about the rest of Pinoyland? Will the malls see a loss of tenants as seen in the US due to a downturn in spending by consumers? Will rents drop due to more units (commercial / residential) being available because they are not selling as fast?More importantly (most important for a few), will the BAR FINES decrease? Will the lovely Pinay GRO /CSW be more competitive with her pricing scheme? Offer financing (doubt it)? Two for the price of one? (marketing ploy)Beyond that, it is already a well settled fact that many of Pinoyland's best doctors and nurses have left for more money in other countries. If the economy drops, will there be even more docs and nurses trying to leave?A friend of Lee's and mine is a woman who own's 4 dental buildings. She is doing OK, but many other dentists in high rent areas can't even pay their rent. Dental care in the US has recently (past 30 years) become a vast money making empire. A root canal in Cuba is $12. The same root canal in Florida is $900 +++. What will be the long term implications for Pinoy health care if less money is wired home, more foreign jobs are lost and those workers come home, less local jobs available and the US passes tax incentives to businesses to pull call centers out of India / Pinoyland (Cebu) and re-establish them on US soil? All means less money to spend in general and for health care. So less or lower paying jobs for new medical / nursing graduates = more exodus of the professionals looking for more money abroad. I believe the term used is 'brain drain'. It is an ongoing negative cycle. Far more reaching than simple real estate issues. I think that we are just now seeing the beginning of a long term downward spiral. Steep in some areas, more gradual in others. Effecting all generations. Less for the old / well established people, very uncertain for those just starting out in life and have to live and support themselves for the next 70+ years. Also, with the economic downturn, up sprout malcontents like those in Southern Mindenao who will use the situation to convert the dim witted into the false promise that they offer a better life IF they can only get into power.....
More importantly (most important for a few), will the BAR FINES decrease? Will the lovely Pinay GRO /CSW be more competitive with her pricing scheme? Offer financing (doubt it)? Two for the price of one? (marketing ploy)
Well I read in many places the bars are quiet so I believe the price of a GRO is more negotiable,the barfine is set by the bar owner so it could go either way,increase to make up for lack of customers or decrease to in crease turnover,so to speak.I remember a few years back one of the girls was desperate for money and offered her self to me at a price so low that one would feel guilty if accepted,I am married so wasn't there for that anyway.My point is yes, I believe that as far as bargirls go there will be bargains to be found in an economic down turn as the girls need to feed their baby etc. Remember this is a service industry and adjustments are made like any other business.Oh almost forgot, "offer financing",hmm I will have to think about a scheme like that. 2245_safe.gif

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

The prices for high end lots in Maria Luisa and Monte Verde have dropped noticeably.

Bruce
Posted
Posted
Well, beyond the condo / real estate price issues, what about the rest of Pinoyland? Will the malls see a loss of tenants as seen in the US due to a downturn in spending by consumers? Will rents drop due to more units (commercial / residential) being available because they are not selling as fast?More importantly (most important for a few), will the BAR FINES decrease? Will the lovely Pinay GRO /CSW be more competitive with her pricing scheme? Offer financing (doubt it)? Two for the price of one? (marketing ploy)Beyond that, it is already a well settled fact that many of Pinoyland's best doctors and nurses have left for more money in other countries. If the economy drops, will there be even more docs and nurses trying to leave?A friend of Lee's and mine is a woman who own's 4 dental buildings. She is doing OK, but many other dentists in high rent areas can't even pay their rent. Dental care in the US has recently (past 30 years) become a vast money making empire. A root canal in Cuba is $12. The same root canal in Florida is $900 +++. What will be the long term implications for Pinoy health care if less money is wired home, more foreign jobs are lost and those workers come home, less local jobs available and the US passes tax incentives to businesses to pull call centers out of India / Pinoyland (Cebu) and re-establish them on US soil? All means less money to spend in general and for health care. So less or lower paying jobs for new medical / nursing graduates = more exodus of the professionals looking for more money abroad. I believe the term used is 'brain drain'. It is an ongoing negative cycle. Far more reaching than simple real estate issues. I think that we are just now seeing the beginning of a long term downward spiral. Steep in some areas, more gradual in others. Effecting all generations. Less for the old / well established people, very uncertain for those just starting out in life and have to live and support themselves for the next 70+ years. Also, with the economic downturn, up sprout malcontents like those in Southern Mindenao who will use the situation to convert the dim witted into the false promise that they offer a better life IF they can only get into power.....
More importantly (most important for a few), will the BAR FINES decrease? Will the lovely Pinay GRO /CSW be more competitive with her pricing scheme? Offer financing (doubt it)? Two for the price of one? (marketing ploy)
Well I read in many places the bars are quiet so I believe the price of a GRO is more negotiable,the barfine is set by the bar owner so it could go either way,increase to make up for lack of customers or decrease to in crease turnover,so to speak.I remember a few years back one of the girls was desperate for money and offered her self to me at a price so low that one would feel guilty if accepted,I am married so wasn't there for that anyway.My point is yes, I believe that as far as bargirls go there will be bargains to be found in an economic down turn as the girls need to feed their baby etc. Remember this is a service industry and adjustments are made like any other business.Oh almost forgot, "offer financing",hmm I will have to think about a scheme like that. 2245_safe.gif
Well, I think there is more "research" needed in this area. Since I and Lee are not in the Philippines at this time, someone else will have to step up and take on the heavy burden of traveling to various bars and getting GRO / bar fine information first hand! I know it is a lot to ask of you guys. Believe me, if Lee was still in Cebu, he certainly would take one for the team and do this research for the rest of us. Mrs. Lee would be right by his side, dutifully taking notes so when Lee returns and posts his research findings, they will be accurate. (and hopefully, detailed) SugarwareZ-007.gif So, anyone willing to 'do the deed' and find out for the rest of us just how the economic downturn is effecting the bars and GRO trades? I am sure that there must be a 'few' university student GRO's who are working for their Masters in Economics degree whilst working at the bar to fund their education.... :th_exactly: So, the trick (no pun intended) is to find them and have a deep and meaningful conversation on the current GRO economic status. We all await your findings.......

TheMason
Posted
Posted
The prices for high end lots in Maria Luisa and Monte Verde have dropped noticeably.
I've noticed the same thing here in Baguio. My landlord is selling a 500 sqm lot in a pretty nice subdivision. When he asked me if I was interested 6 months ago, the price was 5000/sqm. Now, the price is down to 4500/sqm and I think they'd take 4000/sqm in a heartbeat.