Murder Of Foreigners

the_whipster
Posted
Posted

http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/22/shot-to-death-in-paradise-british-dive-shop-owner-killed-by-sacked-guard-4705895/

the victim in that one, Tony Gilchrist, was only 35, so it is a safe bet he has enough enough relatives as in brothers and parents, etc ready to give the cops a prod. Which a twice-divorced 70 year old guy who has abandoned his now grown up kids in the west and took up with some 25 year old floozie in the Philippines, may not have. The older you are I think the easier it is, for them to get away with murder.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

post-1293-0-89650100-1399387646_thumb.jp

A British businessman who moved to the Philippines to open a dive shop has been shot dead by an employee he had sacked moments earlier.

Tony Gilchrist was shot four times in the chest and twice in the head by a security guard

who had turned up for work drunk and 40 minutes late.

The 35-year-old, from Staines, west London, had just dismissed Melchor Alciso Jr, it is claimed.

Mr Gilchrist died as he was taken to a hospital on Malapascua Island,

where he had lived for two years.

His brother, James, described him as a ‘wonderful person’ who died in a ‘beautiful, idyllic’ place that he loved.

‘My brother was an incredibly compassionate person who cared deeply about the Philippines,’ he added.

The shooting happened on Saturday at Fish Buddies

a scuba diving shop owned by Mr Gilchrist.

Police believe Alciso used a .38 revolver issued by a security company.

During his time in the Philippines, Mr Gilchrist distributed aid to areas worst hit by Typhoon Haiyan.

His brother continued: ‘When the typhoon hit, he hired a bus and was shipping aid back and forth. We raised more than £10,000.

‘He made sure it went to the most remote parts where help was needed and brought chainsaws so he could clear jungle. He was a wonderful man who cared about the people here.’

Mr Gilchrist worked as a baker, bus driver and in local government in London until he travelled the world and settled in Asia.

Alciso is due to appear in court at a later date.

He has admitted killing Mr Gilchrist but said he regretted it as he has three children as a single parent.

The 42-year-old also claimed he was acting in self defence because Mr Gilchrist was trying to kick him

(another Blame the victim not me defense)

• Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted

I have said and still believe that Harry Doyle's wife was allowed to leave the Philippines after Harry's murder because no one paid the police, prosecutor, judge or immigration. If you expect justice in the Philippines you better get your wallet out.

• Like 1

the_whipster
Posted
Posted

. If you expect justice in the Philippines you better get your wallet out.

Harry Doyle could not do that could he, he was dead. She had all the money really. Even if somebody had offered a bribe, she would only have offered a counter-bribe.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I know John's father.