Bars In Angeles

alsuave
Posted
Posted

I'm gonna be in Angeles for a few days and I want to go to bars that are not girly bars. I've heard that there's a street that has a lot of normal bars and restaurants similar to Timog in Quezon City. Does anyone know this place?

Braddo
Posted
Posted

mate  agood bar in Angeles is Phillies on the corner of fields and Raymond street have all the sports plenty look watch going up and down the sreet vey pleasant

see link

http://www.philliessportsgrill.com/

Kokomos, Margarita station there are heaps of others

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted

I have never been smiled at less by Filipino men, as in Angeles. You can see it in the eyes of some security guards there. They don't like foreigners. And don't get me started on the transport. There's no good reason to go there in my opinion.

• Like 1

crad
Posted
Posted

except you were not in the main Angeles city. You were in barangay Balibago.

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted

except you were not in the main Angeles city. You were in barangay Balibago.

Sure I was. I've been downtown and around balibago. Downtown i took a jeep. Are you saying the trikes down there are honest?

• Like 1

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have never been smiled at less by Filipino men, as in Angeles

When I was in that area I never noticed or cared if filipino men were smiling at me, but to each their own. :lol:

What I'm getting at is a general rift between locals and tourists. The prejudice is the worst. Of course a smile is not the most important thing. But every single day being ripped off or having drivers and porters suddenly double their rate on arrival gets very annoying. Crad, no need to repeat about the value of having your own motorbike.

I read another forum where there are routinely stories of robberies at knife and gun point, bar owners getting killed, women getting gang raped as a jealously crime because the husband was white. There's crime everywhere. But it's worse in Angeles.

Edited by sandwichmaker

robert k
Posted
Posted

Every trike driver I ever met was honest, not a single one forced me to ride in his trike. Many of then have done a remarkable impression of a fish though when I turned and started walking, usually to be picked up within 20 meters by someone whose idea of the proper fare was more reasonable. :tiphat:

• Like 4

crad
Posted
Posted

I never came across a single trike driver in Balibago/around Fields who ever charged a reasonable fare, Not one. So I stopped using them. Just stopped bothering with them maybe 10 years ago. Who needs trikes anyway when the price of hiring motor scooters in and around Fields is among the lowest you will find anywhere in the country. At first I thought are this lot (scooter hirers) going to be a bunch of skankers like the trike drivers are and try it on by claiming that I damaged the bike or something when I bring it back. But no ,they are not like that and they have always been OK.

• 3 weeks later...
Methersgate
Posted
Posted

If I am in the West End of London, I will notice pretty English girls wrapped round Arabs and Russians. Although I am very happily engaged to a Filipina, this sight does not make me very happy, and whilst I have not set foot in Balibago for a decade and more, I can quite understand why Filipino men dislike seeing foreigners with pretty girls, there.

Conversely, going to a Pinoy girlie bar with Pinoy friends does not seem to cause resentment - although I normally go in a group that includes my partner and her brother, who works as a bodyguard and looks it, which probably helps! 

• Like 4