Health Insurance

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I'm suprised the blood need isn't solved by just pay the doners a litle in countries with many poor people. Anyone have idea how come??

I have heard (this is gossip but I have not heard it disputed yet) that there are tricycle drivers perfectly willing to sell their blood if you can find one with no drugs or alcohol in his system. I have also heard that the hospital will supply blood at an exorbitant price. Can anyone confirm if this gossip is true?

I have also heard the same concerning outrageously high prices for blood purchased through the hospital... Wish I could confirm it but I can't - just c can age with having heard the same.

Sent by using a very long piece of string, a couple tin cans, 2 gaseous monkeys, Tapatalk and my Nexus 4

MikeB
Posted
Posted

From memory, Chong Hua was selling a unit for p9k something. The Red Cross' price was p2500 but it has to be tested by the hospital so that's additional. Outside of Red Cross there are a lot of people, mostly young, selling blood. If you have a certain color paper (from the hospital) in your hand they know you are looking for it and will mob you. From my wife's description it is a scene out of hell. 

EDIT: Wife corrected the numbers:

Chong Hua - ~p5000 per unit 

Red Cross - 1500 

Cebu Doc - 2500 

Regardless of where you get it the lab fee to test and process the blood at Chong Hua is almost 5000. These figures are from 2011 so they have likely changed.