Srrv Philippines Retirement Visa

Mayen
Posted
Posted

It's the DD214 form required from Americans who are using their military affiliation for the SRRV Courtesy scheme...I don't know if it is called the same form for other nationalities but for sure it would be the same form, regardless if it is called differently...and it has to be authenticated by the Philippine Embassy of the country from which it is issued, along with the Police Clearance that also needs to be authenticated.

All the other requirements can be obtained in the Philippines.

komments
Posted
Posted

If I wanted to retire in the Philippines, where should I look for advice?  Neither my wife, nor I, are Filipino.  I served (10 years) but didn't retire.  I would likely stay 3-5 years only then move back to the states.  I am guessing my income would be between $1,800-2,000 (SSN only) per month.

You are of retirement age but I don't think you would save enough to make it worthwhile because of initial fees and the large money transfer for the deposit to get the SRRV and then lose the SRRV by moving back to the states. If you aren't starting a business or going to school, tourist visa would be right for you, in my opinion.

I am pretty sure I have saved enough.  I have a 401k that is slightly north 0f 400K and a house that is paid for.  My goal into park the 401k money for 3-5 years so it can grow (want to leave mist of it for my three daughters).  I also wanted to leave the house intact for when I return, but if necessary I might sell it, buy something smaller and use the difference as the fee required.  But if the longest I am staying is 5 years, then perhaps the SRRV wouldn't be right for me.  I am also considering going back to college to get my degree (and then I might use a student visa).  Just not sure the best way to accomplish my goals.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

For me my friend, Given that we now have a 3 years stay on a 9a, 5 years will mean just 1 visa run, after 3 years that will be a welcome break I know. No need to tie any big amounts up that no one seems to  be sure if you ever get it back.

Yep I concur on someones else's comment, the 9a extendable is the way to go.  In and out when you want and only 2830 per 2 months.

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
Bingbangbin
Posted
Posted

I'm in the early stages of this SRRV process, actually won't even begin it until November. My option is the "SRRV Classic" (from what I understand so far) as I am 53 years of age. My question is: 1. No matter what my pension, am I still required to deposit $10,000 in a Philippine Bank? And 2. can I ever withdraw this money after some period of time has elapsed?

Like I say, I am new to this process. But from what little I have learned thus far, it appears that the money can be used for "investment purposes" only. So, it is my understanding that this bank deposit remains there until I either allow my retirement visa to expire, or I buy something like a condo......or I expire... ;-)

Any information is helpful at this point, thank you.

Geno.

I'm NOT aiming at SRRV myself, because I plan to work many years still, although I'm older than you :) and that deposit demand make so I perhaps NEVER will want to get retirement type of VISA, so I haven't checked it any proper, but as far as I have HEARED/read:

/The deposit is backup ment to cover so Phil goverment will not need to pay for your future caretaking/hospital bills.

/but accordning to someone, the deposit is only checked once a year, so it can be "sneak used" in between. But I suppouse that's NOT OK if they find out.

/There is a kinder type a retirement VISA IF you belong to that category, which has something to do with being US military (?)

Hi,

No your deposit is not just checked once a year, (like the Thai retirement visa) it is in total control by the PRA.

To change banks of deposit took almost 6 months after one bank stopped participating in the SRRV process... waiting on the PRA.That 10,000 is locked up at almost 0 percent, but it still beats the other options for me.