Foreign Retiree, 60, Shot Dead

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Another security guard shooting, this one in Alcoy.

"A GERMAN national was gunned down by a security guard after he was allegedly mistaken for a thief inside a retirement village in Barangay Guiwang, Alcoy, Cebu at dawn yesterday.

This is the second case of a foreigner getting killed by a security guard after a British national who co-owned a dive shop and resort in Malapascua Island in Daanbantayan was also shot dead last month.

Hunsjurgen Hesse, 60, was seen standing near the office of Sola Homes Retirement Resort when the shooting took place past 2 a.m., police said. The victim who had been living in the resort with his German wife didn’t make it alive when rushed to the town hospital.
Loiterer

Insp. Crisanto Abella, head of the Alcoy Police Station, said Hesse died from two gunshot wounds in the chest and forehead. Police are looking for Jerome Niere, 36, who was identified by his co-worker as the gunman. Niere is from Borbon town and works for the CQB Security and Detective Agency. Initial investigation revealed that Jerry Carulasan, one of the on-duty security guards, was making his rounds when he noticed a spark at the back of the office. Carulasan saw a man in a hooded jacket, which prompted him to call Niere for backup. Niere was assigned at the gate. When Niere arrived at the scene, the man who turned out to be Hesse had moved 30 meters from the office. Without confronting the man, Niere opened fire several times. When they checked the body, they were shocked when they found out it was Hesse. “Parts mosibat nako kay usa man diay ni sa homeowners (I need to get out ‘cause I just shot one of the homeowners),” Carulasan quoted Niere as saying. Before leaving the resort, Niere left his service firearm, a 9mm service pistol. Police found three slugs and empty shells at the scene.

Surrender

Carulasan, for his part, surrendered to police and narrated everything what happened. He will undergo a paraffin test at PNP Regional Office 7 Crime Laboratory. Police will also invite two other security guards--Jose Antonio Hanginon and Solomon Catolpos—for questioning. Abella, when interviewed by Sun.Star Cebu, said the security guards should have confronted Hesse before taking any action.

“Kung kawatan diay, diritsuon diay og pusil? Ila ta tong gisita sa (They should called his attention first. And you just don’t shoot even if that someone happens to be a thief),” he said. Hesse was reportedly in his underwear at that time of the shooting and was believed to have gone swimming or was getting fresh air. Abella said they have not yet interviewed the victim’s wife who was traumatized by the incident. The wife reportedly only speaks German. The remains of Hesse were brought to the Cebu Rolling Hills on A.S. Fortuna St. in Mandaue City. Last April, British national Anthony Gilchrist, 34, was shot and killed by his security guard, Melchor Alciso Jr., 42, during an argument on Black Saturday. Gilchrist, who co-owned Fish Buddies Dive Shop Resort, died from multiple gunshot wounds.

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/local-news/2014/05/08/foreign-retiree-60-shot-dead-342000

Thomas
Posted
Posted

And Harry Doyle's body guard is involved in the murder of him (according to witnesses)

and the guard didn't seem to do anything to stop the stabbing of the man related to American embassy (The guard isn't shown in the picture in the video showing the gate when the American was stabbed, but it's possible the two friends to the killers, stop the guard from stoping it. They are out of picture too.) 

Anyway - why having guards if they don't try to stop murders... :1 (103):

Summary:  It seem BETTER chance being WITHOUT guard...  :unsure:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Anyway - why having guards if they don't try to stop murders...   Summary:  It seem BETTER chance being WITHOUT guard... 

You know something Thomas, You could just be right here, and save some Piso at the same time! :unsure:

:tiphat:

the_whipster
Posted
Posted

not a surprise the victim is a German, when it is Alcoy. There is a ton of them there.

neither is it a surprise it is a security guard either again. When there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of peasants all across the Philippines with no education or training at all wearing uniforms and carrying guns, it should not be a surprise if they go off quite often and the bullets end up in people's bodies.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Anyway - why having guards if they don't try to stop murders...   Summary:  It seem BETTER chance being WITHOUT guard... 

You know something Thomas, You could just be right here, and save some Piso at the same time! :unsure:

:tiphat:

not a surprise the victim is a German, when it is Alcoy. There is a ton of them there.

neither is it a surprise it is a security guard either again. When there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of peasants all across the Philippines with no education or training at all wearing uniforms and carrying guns, it should not be a surprise if they go off quite often and the bullets end up in people's bodies.

But it's realy crap we foreigners aren't allowed to carry firearms, because we are extra visible and more likely to be a robbery target :bash: :1 (72):    And it's extra crap, because most of us foreigners are older, which reduce the chance we can manage to run away from a young robber/assassin.   (Well. Before my knee broke, I still could run faster than most young guys e g at a tennis court,, but after my knee injury I can't run any fast with my sticks :mocking:

Extra sad we foreigners aren't allowed to carry firearms, because I believe I could have been a good gun slinger :gday:   :mocking: