Walking Behind Her Man

paul
Posted
Posted

There is only one time I don't think I would want her walking behind me... when she is mad. :36_1_50[1]:

cagayanstar
Posted
Posted
SugarwareZ-007.gif ...i dont like walking behind really,it will make me look like a nanny..ew!I always prefer it holding hands or arm over my shoulder or my hips. :welcome:

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted

So it isn't just me! However slowly I walk Mel always seems to be behind. It's even worse when the high heels go on.One expects it in Muslim countries as the men do not want the women alongside them it seems but I was surprised with the same here. Mel says it's because I walk too fast but suspect it is the observation tactic,

PhilIsles
Posted
Posted

I've been married to my husband for 12 years now and sometimes I still lag behind my husband. I atttibute it to physiology not culture. Men has longer strides even if they walk slowly. We like to hold hands when walking together, that slows him down and make me walk faster. It does get worse when I'm wearing high heels, but then he is okey with with, because as he put it, I walked and look sexy. Every now and then I just let him walk ahead of me telling him I like the view, but he does not like, it make him self concious

• Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I've been married to my husband for 12 years now and sometimes I still lag behind my husband. I atttibute it to physiology not culture. Men has longer strides even if they walk slowly. We like to hold hands when walking together, that slows him down and make me walk faster. It does get worse when I'm wearing high heels, but then he is okey with with, because as he put it, I walked and look sexy. Every now and then I just let him walk ahead of me telling him I like the view, but he does not like, it make him self concious
Hi welcome to the forum. SugarwareZ-003.gif Could you maybe introduce yourself in the intro section and tell us a little about yourself so we can better understand your posts. I like your idea of walking behind, but I prefer my wife to walk ahead so I can look at hers and besides, I am sure that has to be much better than her looking at mine. :SugarwareZ-037: Are you a Filipina? Do you live in PI or in another country? Fill us in when you have time. Thanks, Lee

Sampaguita
Posted
Posted
Hi PhilIsles, SugarwareZ-003.gif I am Mr. Lee's wife and we have been married over 14 years now & know each other over 17 years and we live both in Cebu and Florida USA. I used to have trouble keeping up with Lee but he is slowing down a little and I am speeding up a bit :13_4_10[1]: and I keep him close by my side, especially in the Philippines. :thumbsup:
  • Like 1

broden
Posted
Posted

sometimes when we want to run to a store just for a few quick things we walk to a nearby kroger supermarket ... it's up the block from us and across and large field ..now being as we are wanting to rush .. especially on the way back home ... that's the main time my wife ends up walking behind ... cause there i am with whatever bags we have just wanting to get home .. but i end up walk .. loo back stop wait .. walk look back stop wait .. :13_4_10[1]: .. and my wife has her own pattern ... lag behind .. see me waiting .. tell me to just go ahead .. catch up .. lather rinse repeat

• 1 month later...
TheMason
Posted
Posted

My wife says she used to walk behind me because she didn't want people thinking she was a hooker out with the white guy. She's gotten over that now, but it was a problem at first. Women get enormous amounts of grief from other Filipinos for being with a white guy. If they don't know you, they assume she's a prostitute. If they do know you, their assumptions are only slightly more charitable. This is especially true of many Filipino men.She stopped walking behind me when I told her that if she was embarassed to be seen with me that maybe she shouldn't get involved with a foreigner. I don't think she viewed what she was doing as a comment on how she felt about me, but I viewed it that way. Once I pointed out I thought it was disrespectful, she stopped doing it.Everyone talks about foreigners needing to adjust to Filipino ways, but we tend to overlook the adjustment period our wives go through.

• Like 1

tom_shor
Posted
Posted (edited)
My wife says she used to walk behind me because she didn't want people thinking she was a hooker out with the white guy. She's gotten over that now, but it was a problem at first. Women get enormous amounts of grief from other Filipinos for being with a white guy. If they don't know you, they assume she's a prostitute. If they do know you, their assumptions are only slightly more charitable. This is especially true of many Filipino men.She stopped walking behind me when I told her that if she was embarassed to be seen with me that maybe she shouldn't get involved with a foreigner. I don't think she viewed what she was doing as a comment on how she felt about me, but I viewed it that way. Once I pointed out I thought it was disrespectful, she stopped doing it.Everyone talks about foreigners needing to adjust to Filipino ways, but we tend to overlook the adjustment period our wives go through.
A guy made the mistake of saying that to a girl I was on a bus with once (she wasn't) and she almost stuck a knife through his nose and gave him a thourough dressing down. He didn't say another word and got off the bus shortly after. The look on his face was priceless. He was pretty sure she was really going to stick him. I was thinking she might too. She was quite angry.Any time there is an intercultural relationship there will be adjustments to be made by both people. How much depends on the people. I have noticed a number of filipinos seem to have that attitude. It doesn't stop them from accepting the money sent home from such relationships though. Edited by tom_shor

• 3 years later...
Mugs
Posted
Posted
Don't walk ahead of me,I might not follow;Don't walk behind me,I might not lead;Walk beside me and be my friend! SugarwareZ-053.gifof course,I always prefer it holding hands. SugarwareZ-011.gif
i like that. :7_4_17[1]: