Lodging For Christmas In Batangas

Pettersson
Posted
Posted

We have been planning on spending a few days in a beach resort in Batangas over the next Christmas holiday. I have been searching in Agoda for a decent resort, but  I am having really hard time finding something that would look like a good option for us.  The price range seems really wide, anything from $40 to $400 is available.  We would be okay paying say $100 to $150 per night, but the issue in that price point seems to be really variable reviews by previous customers in Agoda or Tripadvisor.  Almost every place in that range has some really good reviews but also several stating that the place was borderline acceptable but way overpriced at $100+, so a thought comes to mind that should I just get a place in the $50 to $80 range if the extra $50 will not really get us any nicer accommodation?

We are a family of three, including asawa nako and baby boy who will be still less than 1 year old at the time, so we are just looking for a safe and comfortable place to relax for 3 to 5 days.  Our expected activities would be walking in the beautiful environment (beach?), enjoying decent meals, and just relaxing. No requirement for diving or any other water sports facilities.  Also, we are planning on taking a bus from Manila, so will require some means of transportation service from the bus to the resort and back.

I would appreciate good leads or any past experiences from the members here. Of course, letting me know if there are resorts we should definitely avoid would be appreciated as well.

Pettersson
Posted
Posted

48 views and no tips yet. It seems Batangas is not a major destination for the members here. Guess its back to reading the highly variable reviews in TripAdvisor and Agoda.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Check out lonely planet

MikeB
Posted
Posted

For most people Batangas is a stopover on the way to Puerto Galera. I stayed in the Day's Hotel several years ago and it was ok, nothing great. 

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

I passed through. The guy on a youtube video I saw said it was expensive rooms there for what you get. I saw absolutely nothing to recommend the area over any other. I wouldn't stop there unless like you I had relatives in the area.

the_whipster
Posted
Posted

I stayed in the Avenue pension house in Batangas town once but that is not what the OP looking for. I only stayed there a couple of nights before I headed back to Manila. It was cheap, for Luzon. Only 650 pesos for an aircon room. And they had a 12 hour rate of like 400. I would expect that the beach resorts around there are not likely to be especially good value for money.

Pettersson
Posted
Posted

Thanks for all the replies so far. I am little nervous going anywhere too far yet, as this will be the first time we are traveling with the new baby. Basically I'm looking for something no more than 3 hour travel time from our apartment in Cavite. I see there are some hilltop places close to Tagaytay that are obviously not beach resorts but at least are in a nice environment with nice views. Any other locations I could look at? How much trouble would the boat trip to Puerto Galera be?

the_whipster
Posted
Posted

never been to PG, but it is not by any means an arduous ferry journey. It is less than two hours. I have come close to going before, and researched some good value looking places there (though not as high a budget as yours) however something else happened and I ended up not going both times. However surely PG will be busy at Xmas. You might consider barrio Baretto at Subic as well. Not so far from Cavite (some friends drove me Cavite-Subic once and it only took an hour). Not too seedy and not bad value for money. With the baby you might consider getting a taxi from Cavite to Batangas or directly to the port for PG too. Likewise to Subic, It is not far. With a group of 4 of you, taxis, which seem extravagant for a single or even for a couple, can start to make sense.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks for all the replies so far. I am little nervous going anywhere too far yet, as this will be the first time we are traveling with the new baby. Basically I'm looking for something no more than 3 hour travel time from our apartment in Cavite. I see there are some hilltop places close to Tagaytay that are obviously not beach resorts but at least are in a nice environment with nice views. Any other locations I could look at? How much trouble would the boat trip to Puerto Galera be?

Hello Pettersson,

I don't blame you about travelling too far with your young family.  All roads leading to the beaches of Batangas,

Nasugbu and Puerto Galera, Mindoro are going to be unbearable during that time of year.  Tagaytay City will

be grid locked of tourists, vacationing families and students.  

May I suggest Island Cove in Bacoor, Cavite along the Cavite-Manila express way (coastal road).  My wife stayed

there several years ago and was pretty reasonably priced and good for the family.  Here's their website:

http://www.agoda.com/island-cove-resort-leisure-park/hotel/cavite-ph.html?type=1&site_id=1622863&url=http://www.agoda.com/island-cove-resort-leisure-park/hotel/cavite-ph.html&adid=49339143449&network=g&adpos=1t1&expid=&rand=8548657694783062135&device=c&tag=39dc4cd4-d685-42bc-af59-6b2a15a2e31a&gclid=CLrurfiasb4CFY6RfgodwGMApg&cklg=1

Edited by Jake
  • Like 2

Pettersson
Posted
Posted

Hello Pettersson,

I don't blame you about travelling too far with your young family.  All roads leading to the beaches of Batangas,

Nasugbu and Puerto Galera, Mindoro are going to be unbearable during that time of year.  Tagaytay City will

be grid locked of tourists, vacationing families and students.  

May I suggest Island Cove in Bacoor, Cavite along the Cavite-Manila express way (coastal road).  My wife stayed

there several years ago and was pretty reasonably priced and good for the family.  Here's their website:

http://www.agoda.com/island-cove-resort-leisure-park/hotel/cavite-ph.html?type=1&site_id=1622863&url=http://www.agoda.com/island-cove-resort-leisure-park/hotel/cavite-ph.html&adid=49339143449&network=g&adpos=1t1&expid=&rand=8548657694783062135&device=c&tag=39dc4cd4-d685-42bc-af59-6b2a15a2e31a&gclid=CLrurfiasb4CFY6RfgodwGMApg&cklg=1

Jake thanks for informing me about the seasonal traffic.  I was in Manila, Cavite, and Cebu last Christmas and New Years time and everything seemed just normal traffic wise, so I did not realize that Batangas and Tagaytay will be so bad. 

Island Cove is just some 10 miles from our place, so the travel should be easy enough.  I made a reservation already, as Agoda had a ree cancellation until 1 week prior to the check-in.  Nice tip, greatly appreciated!

• Like 2