Korean Family Killed In Resto

MikeB
Posted
Posted

What struck me about this story is the timeline of events. The crime was discovered after 5pm on Thursday by the security guard on duty but the previous security guard had noted a loud disturbance and a woman screaming inside the restaurant at shortly after 2am that morning, 15 hours earlier. He was unable to enter the restaurant because it was locked so he noted the commotion in the logbook. So many questions here, where to even start?

"Sharon Inting, the guard-on-duty, said a Korean woman, reportedly a friend of one of the victims, came to the restaurant around 5 p.m. She asked Inting for help after no one answered her repeated knocks and phone calls. Inting said they went to the back door since the front door was padlocked. The guard said she opened the back door, which was not locked. The woman then asked her to enter the restaurant and check the situation inside. Inting said she saw blood on the floor near the comfort room. She then went out and called the police. Inting, who reported to work at noon, said it was her first day of duty at the restaurant. On the guard logbook, the outgoing guard, a certain Eborda Jr., wrote that at 2:23 a.m. he heard a commotion inside the restaurant. He heard a woman screaming and things breaking inside. At 2:35 a.m., he wrote that the people inside had fallen silent. He said he could not enter the restaurant because the door was locked."

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/local-news/2014/05/23/korean-family-killed-resto-344310

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I would have thought the security person's job was to rattle doorknobs and check for break and enters every so often.  Is that too logical?

the_whipster
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hundreds of Koreans come to Cebu every year to learn English and I don't remember reading about any of them in the news having problems with being robbed like I have with Westerners.

I think their being robbed, if they have been robbed, will be the least that will concern whatever remains of this particular Korean family.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
Fixed Quote

robert k
Posted
Posted

If it's domestic violence Korean on Korean, would that really be what we are discussing here?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

If it's domestic violence Korean on Korean, would that really be what we are discussing here?

Not sure Robert but whatever, as always here, Crap Security. Again

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Posted Today, 09:42 AM I would have thought the security person's job was to rattle doorknobs and check for break and enters every so often.  Is that too logical?

No Dave, That would be Too easy and show his mates, he was doing his Job (Loss of Face)  but then, it would also mean a disturbed nights sleep and another Report  to write.

:tiphat:

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
On the guard logbook, the outgoing guard, a certain Eborda Jr., wrote that at 2:23 a.m. he heard a commotion inside the restaurant. He heard a woman screaming and things breaking inside. At 2:35 a.m., he wrote that the people inside had fallen silent

Not sure Robert but whatever, as always here, Crap Security. Again

Yes, another example of why having guards, if they don't try to interupt, when something happen...  :bash:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Yes, another example of why having guards, if they don't try to interupt, when something happen..

Many years ago, in the UK. I had decided that when I left the Air Force, maybe, security was the way to go. However, at one particular Interview, My mind was made up, that it was Not, the way forward, (bearing in mind that Interviews should be 2 sided) The Personnel officer ( Now called Human resources) openly admitted that, they only employed Security Personnel, to lower their Insurance Premiums

Go Figure  :unsure:

Added to this, it seems that where Security, is involved, they are either at Risk or Suspect. but then, is this not what they are paid for,

Reduce the risk and have no or little need, for a Suspect.

Dave H was right. Where is the Logic in all this?

JMHO

:tiphat:  just off for a beer or two :cheers:

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Reduce the risk and have no or little need, for a Suspect.
Well. Obviously we "kanos" have higher risk to be targets, just because we are "kanos"  :)  Many Filipins believe all are rich, so I suppouse some precousions better be done.  And extra risk if we have a noticable business.   

/Most of my business ideas will have production 200 meters or so away from my living house - because I want the calm  :)  - and need equipment, which risk to be stolen - if I don't make them portable and put them inside my "fortress" garage every night  :)  (Bit some are to big to move.)    So I thought having one guard/production worker LIVING beside the business, which at the same time is at the entrance road to my living house, so he kind of guard both at the same time.

/Build the house, so presumtive attackers have height disadvantage, at least not possible to look into the rooms arnd shoot standing on the ground.   Probably some alarm to be sure we notice if anyone try to get in, when we are there. People are more important than things   :) 

/Try to become friends with the Filipin villagers   :)