Veterans In Olongapo

06charger
Posted
Posted

Where do most of the veterans in Subic Bay hangout? Is there a place in Olongapo that the majority of the Vets like to reside in?

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

Most of the guys live in Barretto not in Olongapo.  Head over to Sit N Bull in the morning for breakfast and many of the guys will be there.  Sit N bull is actually the old VFW building but now is just a restaurant.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Most of the guys live in Barretto not in Olongapo.  Head over to Sit N Bull in the morning for breakfast and many of the guys will be there.  Sit N bull is actually the old VFW building but now is just a restaurant.

Damn it Steve,

I think you just cast a voodoo on me because I can now smell the town of Barretto.  Those lovely ladies

all greased up with sun block, umbrella and oversized T shirts.  But I can still smell them.  For some

reason, I'm putting extra brown sugar in my coffee this morning.....he, he.

Marmont Hotel (Subic City) was my stompin' grounds with endless mango daiquiris....... 

Edited by Jake
spil chek
  • Like 2

06charger
Posted
Posted

okay thanks guys, Im looking forward to making some new vet friends. I my self got out in 2011, I was a hospital corpsman 2nd class.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

There's a fair few that hang around the bar/restaurant  at the Blue Rock Resort too.  It's also the location of the main ANZAC day activities as well as the annual Miss Subic Bay contest  :thumbsup:.

Edit:  Barretto that is.

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

okay thanks guys, Im looking forward to making some new vet friends. I my self got out in 2011, I was a hospital corpsman 2nd class.

Watch out CWO BrettGC, we have a corpsman in the house.  So if you catch the crabs again, watch out for

06Charger charging towards you with a square needle to the left nut.  

Welcome aboard HM2, I just promoted you to HMC for having the courage to join our crazy group.....he, he.

Respectfully -- Jake (ETCM retarded, USS Truxtun CGN-35) 

Edited by Jake
spil chek
  • Like 1

jon1
Posted
Posted (edited)

They also have a VFW in Barretto http://www.vfw11447.org/ and the Fleet Retirement Association http://www.fra367.org/ about 40 minutes north in San Antonio.

Marmont hotel (directly across the street from Sit N Bull) has quite a few expats living there long term. Some retired vets I believe.

Edited by jon1
  • Like 2

06charger
Posted
Posted

Hey guys sorry for being MIA these last few days. I still haven't made it out there because my dumbass bought a one way ticket instead of a two way. Also I'm trying to separate from the wife but some drama also caused a bit of distraction. I'm still trying to get there. I can fly out as early as wensday but I'm a bit on a budget for this first month. So does anyone or at least know of any expat vets that has an extra room to rent out for this month only? I will be spending a good chunk on the ticket and then visa. After this I should be set up for July and so on. Please respond ASAP so I can get the hell out of here!!

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

Hey guys sorry for being MIA these last few days. I still haven't made it out there because my dumbass bought a one way ticket instead of a two way. Also I'm trying to separate from the wife but some drama also caused a bit of distraction. I'm still trying to get there. I can fly out as early as wensday but I'm a bit on a budget for this first month. So does anyone or at least know of any expat vets that has an extra room to rent out for this month only? I will be spending a good chunk on the ticket and then visa. After this I should be set up for July and so on. Please respond ASAP so I can get the hell out of here!!

I'm not sure if you realize what it costs to live here.  You might find yourself in financial trouble real soon if you don't think this through.  $1000 a month is BARE minimum and even then it will be tough to live in this area.

06charger
Posted
Posted

I will be receiving 80% monthly disability from the VA.