Deceptive Korean Business Man

pixiedust
Posted
Posted

I read his ads on philcafe.com and contacted him about a month ago.

(I uploaded his photo and wrote about his scam event on that site along with Korean daum.net the other day after he conned me.)

We could communicate through E-mails and overseas phone calls, which he made a call.

I thought it was odd, becasue these days people can use smart phone and talk free through Skype or Kakao Talk easily.

He said  his smart phone is broken and it takes ages to fix it in Philippines.

I figured it later that he couldn't pay the bill so he couldn't use the smart phone.

He said, he wanted to go back to Sweden where he used to stay, but in the end it was a lie...typical.

I asked my husband to go there to see his cafe in person, and see all the papers and books for the cafe even though he was infromed us

about cost and profit of the cafe, we just couldn't believe his numbers.

The problem is that he asked me a favor to send the money to his mom's account in Korea, becasue it takes time for him to send money.

He said he will pay it right away when he sees my husband in Cebu.

But he made numerous excuses and my husband couldn't see his wife or books about the cafe and he was disappeared on the last day they

supposed to meet.

Who could have imagined this situation?

I lived abroad most of my life before I got back to Korea a few years ago.

I lived more than 15 years in the UK, 4 yrs in Germany, Hong Kong, and Japan for some years for my job.

Nobody ever lied to me, never met any con artists, and I didn't have any trust issue with people around me when I lived abroad.

Germans and Japanese are well known for their honesty and proper manners.

I really had a great time when I lived in Germany.

It's been few years since I got back here in Korea, I already met plenty of liars, unprofessionals at work which caused stress to me.

It was a culture shock,  Koreans don't keep their promises, or appointment time to meet, etc.

This con man's case is not my first, maybe in terms of money it was the first fruad case.

Through my personal experiences in Korea, I learned that it's a general thing for Koreans to not tell the truth and proceed with projects with rush and

they don't regard the proper step by step method.

One crazy guy had a fit in public, he hit me while I passed him so I was knocked out, when I woke I had to call ambulance for myself, becasue Koreans were just standing there

and watching me, urging me to call ambulance.

I had to go to police for getting compensations for the hospital fees from that crazy guy's family.

Everybody rushes, they think skipping the procedure is the best way to make something.

That is why so many buildings crumbling down easily, traffic accident is almost no.1 in the world for many years.

I won't even mention about Korean ferry disaster.

It's lucky they don't have earthquake here, otherwise it could have been totally wiped out.

It wasn't the money for business between that con artist and me, he asked me for that money as a favor.

I consider it is a relatively small amount of money comapred to what he gave me in thought of disgusting, dissapointment, detested feelings toward him.

That is why I pity him for his disgraceful foul play and it became apparent to me that I shouldn't put any trust in Koreans easily.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Sorry to hear your story, Philippines has more than its share of cons and scams often Foreigner perpetrators.

• Like 1

pixiedust
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thank you for the kind words. I was able to see through a scuba diving site that he has stolen up to $2,000 for promising a scuba diving certificate.

His name is xxxxxxxxxxx and his name appears on multiple sites for being a con man. Unfortunately, I just found out today that he has a history of being a con man.

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
removed name as this person probably has no way of telling his side of the story
  • Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

Pixie,

I'm sure most readers here feel very sorry for what happened to you and your husband and we hate scammers and con artist just as much as you do. Thank you for telling us your experiences. Hopefully your story will save some others from being taken advantage of like you were.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
pixiedust
Posted
Posted

It's been several months but I still didn't get money back from that Korean fraud man.

I sent emails to him but these days there's no reply from him.

I heard that bar is closed and I still want to warn people about that fraud man.

Fraud means something intended to deceive, deliberate trickery intended to gain an advantage, in my case, he clearly lied to me about paying my money back.

So what is wrong about reporting him in this thread?   I hope others don't have to lose money from this same korean fraud man.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
So what is wrong about reporting him in this thread?

Philippine libel laws require that we be careful.  Sorry to hear of your loss.  Your post has definitely convinced people to be cautious with ALL business dealing in Philippines.  Thank you for sharing.

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

So what is wrong about reporting him in this thread?

Philippine libel laws require that we be careful.  Sorry to hear of your loss.  Your post has definitely convinced people to be cautious with ALL business dealing in Philippines.  Thank you for sharing.

Another thing to remember he is a con man so he could change his name.

• Like 2

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

It's been several months but I still didn't get money back from that Korean fraud man.

I sent emails to him but these days there's no reply from him.

I heard that bar is closed and I still want to warn people about that fraud man.

Fraud means something intended to deceive, deliberate trickery intended to gain an advantage, in my case, he clearly lied to me about paying my money back.

So what is wrong about reporting him in this thread?   I hope others don't have to lose money from this same korean fraud man.

Hi Pixie, I did post earlier that I live quite close to Cafe Malmo. We go shopping at Grand Mall and the cafe is opposite the mall, since your first post I have noticed that it has been closed and shuttered up, I did ask the security guard from the pharmacy close by, all he could say was the owner has not come back, again  sorry to hear of your misfortune. Good luck in the future

Edited by frosty (chris)
  • Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
Philippine libel laws require that we be careful
More than likely, the libel law only protects Filipino Citizens. Since the offender is Korean, have at it. hehehe
  • Like 2