Reciprocal Land Ownership Rights

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Reciprocal land ownership rightsIf a Filipino becomes a permanent resident of your home country and is allowed to buy a home in your home country, shouldn't you have reciprocal rights if you become a permanent resident in the Philippines?Should foreigners be allowed to own a home and the land it stands on in the Philippines, and especially if a Filipino is afforded those rights in the country we come from?I cannot speak to other countries, but in the USA Filipinos seem to be afforded many more rights than Americans are afforded in the Philippines......This is for everyone and not just Americans, can we somehow get our home countries to fight for additional rights for us, and especially when our home countries may be donating money to the Philippines? Anyone have any suggestions how to go about this?

mike
Posted
Posted
Reciprocal land ownership rightsIf a Filipino becomes a permanent resident of your home country and is allowed to buy a home in your home country, shouldn't you have reciprocal rights if you become a permanent resident in the Philippines?Should foreigners be allowed to own a home and the land it stands on in the Philippines, and especially if a Filipino is afforded those rights in the country we come from?I cannot speak to other countries, but in the USA Filipinos seem to be afforded many more rights than Americans are afforded in the Philippines......This is for everyone and not just Americans, can we somehow get our home countries to fight for additional rights for us, and especially when our home countries may be donating money to the Philippines? Anyone have any suggestions how to go about this?
Other than writing to yoyur senators at home and may be sending something to the embassyhere, for what that may be worth. I suspect in world terms property rights etc are not high on the list of international politics.Purchse of property in the UK is even easier you do not even have to go there!! let alone live there. Prove the funds are sourced correctly and off you go!Pushing for in effect what are equal rights or as they call it here reciprocity will come once their constitution is altered. Too many big business interest here will not want to see the apple cart upset. Pesonaly I would tip the fecking thing over!!Mike

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I think that having reciprocal rights to anything just because one country allows this and that will never happen.The Philippines like all country's have their laws and ways,why should they have to do what another country does. I doubt if the Philippines asked the US if their people can own a house on US soil.

mike
Posted
Posted
I think that having reciprocal rights to anything just because one country allows this and that will never happen.The Philippines like all country's have their laws and ways,why should they have to do what another country does. I doubt if the Philippines asked the US if their people can own a house on US soil.
Nope, but I bet the politicians over here faced with such an action would be well motivated to do something, they have so much to lose. also interesting to note is that many of the politicians who are anti are crying that's because of a lack of reciprocity that they will not allow foreign ownership...somewhere over the rainbow...etc'may tax laws(not all) are reciprocal and binding under double taxation treatment etcmike