Would You Be Willing To Introduce An Expat Or Visiting Foreigner To A Relative Of Yours?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I am wondering, after meeting a lot of the expats who live in the Philippines and visitors who visit the Philippines, would you be willing to introduce a relative of yours or your families to any of them?

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
I am wondering, after meeting a lot of the expats who live in the Philippines and visitors who visit the Philippines, would you be willing to introduce a relative of yours or your families to any of them?
No way. I don't want to wind up related to any of these guys. :1 (72):

TheMason
Posted
Posted
No way. I don't want to wind up related to any of these guys. :1 (72):
If it was someone I knew from back in the US then I would introduce them to my family here. I wouldn't introduce expats I meet here to my family with the intention of playing matchmaker. If they meet in the course of daily life I wouldn't object to whatever happens. If an expat asked me to set him up with a family member I would not do it.

Hoz
Posted
Posted (edited)

Unfortunately, (or maybe the opposite) my Filipino family thinks most American expats are drunks and whoremongers. They see them hanging around the French Market oogling the girls and at Drifters Bar drinking. You Lee and your wife Nila are exceptions but, no way would I bring a stray dog home.

Edited by Hoz

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
Unfortunately, (or maybe the opposite) my Filipino family thinks most American expats are drunks and whoremongers. They see them hanging around the French Market oogling the girls and at Drifters Bar drinking. You Lee and your wife Nila are exceptions but, no way would I bring a stray dog home.
Hoz, thank you for the compliment. :1 (72): I agree with you on the majority that we have met, but we have also met some nice people while in the Philippines as well, such as yourself. I think the problem that I would have introducing anyone to family is that I would have to live with that decision for a long time and quite possibly the rest of my life and the outcome is an unknown. I made the mistake of introducing some people that I thought were friends in the past, only to find out that they were wolves in sheep clothing and not at all who they pretended to be. I will never make a direct connect to other friends or relatives again, but I would invite single people to a get together and let them then do their own hooking up, if they find each other mutually interesting.After the bad experiences of the past, I thought that I would not help anyone no matter what, but then I thought about the Internet being a total unknown and at least at a get together, people can judge for themselves. I think that might be better than possibly meeting a total stranger online, but I would always put in a disclaimer before inviting them to the get together, that they are adults and that they should not blame us if things do not work out for them. Edited by Mr. Lee
  • Like 1

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
Hoz, thank you for the compliment. :1 (72): I agree with you on the majority that we have met, but we have also met some nice people while in the Philippines as well, such as yourself. I think the problem that I would have introducing anyone to family is that I would have to live with that decision for a long time and quite possibly the rest of my life and the outcome is an unknown. I made the mistake of introducing some people that I thought were friends in the past, only to find out that they were wolves in sheep clothing and not at all who they pretended to be. I will never make a direct connect to other friends or relatives again, but I would invite single people to a get together and let them then do their own hooking up, if they find each other mutually interesting.After the bad experiences of the past, I thought that I would not help anyone no matter what, but then I thought about the Internet being a total unknown and at least at a get together, people can judge for themselves. I think that might be better than possibly meeting a total stranger online, but I would always put in a disclaimer before inviting them to the get together, that they are adults and that they should not blame us if things do not work out for them.
But alas some will blame you anyway. Not all people are willing to take responsibility for their own actions. That is why I stay out of that stuff entirely. Let them meet their own companions.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
Girl watching doesn't make you a whoremonger. I like looking at pretty girls too but I have someone already so that is as far as it goes. I have seen plenty of Filipinos around eyeing girls as well. There are certainly plenty who spend their time in bars that doesn't always mean they are drunks. I've spent time in bars talking with friends and I drink maybe three beers a year. You are right about the matchmaking best to stay out of that. That will lose you friends fast.

parksb2
Posted
Posted
The answer is yes Lee !!:1 (72):

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
The answer is yes Lee !!:728:
I thank you sir, my wife and I have been blessed in our opinion, to have been lucky enough in our lifetime to have gotten to know you, your wife and her lovely sisters. We are looking forward to seeing them posting on here and hearing how great their tutoring service works out for them all and hopefully getting to see you and them again one day in the near future. :1 (72):

Travis
Posted
Posted

most of the white folk I see are not even nice enough to say hello even after I say hello to them. I would not introduce anyone I know to most singles that live here. I agree with one poster most seem to be white trash. oh, I am white