Would You Be Willing To Introduce An Expat Or Visiting Foreigner To A Relative Of Yours?

chimellie
Posted
Posted

Yes I would because most of expats I've met are good people.

Warlord
Posted
Posted

Yes if I know the guy but I would point out that is all I would do.He is on his own after that.Warlord

• 1 month later...
jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am in that predicament now, having both several friends back home asking for me to get them pen pals, and girls here wanting the same. Most of my friends back home are jerks, always have been always will be. I would not turn them loose on nice girls here, because I know that they are looking for a fantasy. The girls deserve better than them and only would only be left heart broken. Most expats that come here have no idea about the county, people, and customs. They are in "Disneyland for Adults" and they want an Asian Barbi doll who is their fantasy girl. For many their concept of fantasy would be a girls worst nightmare. If a man was a user, boozer, and looser back home, then nothing will change when they come here. Most men who are worth marrying are married. If you have been divorced 3,4,5 times, than maybe, just maybe, it was not their wives who were the problem.I love men who bash how the women back home have such attitudes and are such bad persons. But did their mother's come from those same countries and cultures? So their mothers gave them birth, then now they are no more good women left in those countries? Sometimes I wonder if it is just they are too smart to fall for their lines? They know who they are and what they are? Few people are really honest with themselves and actually self-Annalise. So if people will not be honest with themselves than how can you expect them to be honest with you? It takes a long time to know a person, or at least learn what they want you to know about them.It is like when your job ask, "Do you have any friends that are looking for a job?" so you bring your best friends. Who turns out to be worthless and get fired. Then your employer now looks at you funny because of "Guilt by Association." I will not do that at a job again, and I differently will never do that in my wife's family. Let them find their own looser because it will not reflect on me. I will not be held responsible for connecting them together. If they do not connect then my family will never look at me the same again. "Guilt by Association." I would rather tap dance through a mine field. The odds are safer that I will come out unharmed. hehehe

Edited by jamesmusslewhite
  • Like 1

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
Most men who are worth marrying are married. If you have been divorced 3,4,5 times, than maybe, just maybe, it was not their wives who were the problem.Hey lets not get personal. I represent that remark.I love men who bash how the women back home have such attitudes and are such bad persons. But did their mother's come from those same countries and cultures? So their mothers gave them birth, then now they are no more good women left in those countries? Sometimes I wonder if it is just they are too smart to fall for their lines? They know who they are and what they are? Few people are really honest with themselves and actually self-Annalise. So if people will not be honest with themselves than how can you expect them to be honest with you? It takes a long time to know a person, or at least learn what they want you to know about them.I do not bash western women and I do not believe all are bad however a lot has changed since my mothers time and I think it would be hard to find one like her. Modern society has greatly revised the ideas of marrage and the roles of men and women. For some that is fine but many others are not comfortable with that for various reasons. The modern attitude seems to be there was something fundamentally wrong with the way things were. Those were the generations that built America . The generations since are the ones who are wrecking it and selling the pieces for cash. Hmmmmmmm.
You are right about introducing friends. Even though they are adults and should be able to make their own decisions if things go bad they almost always blame you.

• 1 month later...
tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

Good topic.. over the past couple of years I have met online or in person at least a couple of hundred people relating to the Philippines and to be honest a good 80% are not worth knowing.. which is why I dont go to most expat meetings I have taken my wife April with me to meet a few expats previously and we came to an agreement. I can go and meet them as long as she stays at home. There was a few reasons for that :-1. guys drink to much.2. the filipina gfs were treated like animals.But also there are 3 types of filipinas we have come across :-1. The nice ones..2. The bargirls (you can take the girl out of the bar but she still talks like shes there!)3. The rich kano girl.. they are generally comparing cars and handbags and ripping apart each other verbally either in front of each other or behind each others backs.So what i do is meet up with people and if they are nice enough will meet up another time with my wife. But I spend more time with Filipinos to be honest just less hassle.Would I introduce a relative to a friend?? easy to answer a big NO. because I havent met anyone that I would gladly see as reliable marriage material yet my relatives are nice people and wouldnt want them ending up with someone ruining that for them. Even one guy I know who would be loyal and a great husband simply wont get on a plane due to low self asteem. You cant win!