Where To Go South Of Manila?

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted

Thanks Jake. I'll take her to puerto gallera. Any other ideas of places to go on this 4.5 day trip?

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks Jake. I'll take her to puerto gallera. Any other ideas of places to go on this 4.5 day trip?

I think starting your vacation at midweek is a great idea.  You may enjoy the solitude of your own white sand private

cove and aqua blue water to go snorkeling, scuba diving, sailing or just veg out with your warm companion.  There

are many European and Korean female tourists too......they are just as lovely to bless your vision of pure bliss.  

Don't rush anything about going to other destinations, just enjoy the mango daiquiris while watching a magnificent

sunrise........

Respectfully -- Jake

Edited by Jake
spil chek

fred
Posted
Posted (edited)

One of my first places to visit 30 odd years ago was at pagsanjan falls in Laguna.. Bloody good day out that was!!

pagsanjan-falls.jpg

Edited by fred
  • Like 4

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Will stay south until Sunday night. Is that school holidays?
This semester started rather recently, so not a long vacation now anyway.   

I don't know about short vacations, some of them are local.

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted

Maybe I'll stay on tagatay tonight.

Not many options in my low budget in batangas.

Any ideas? Suggestions

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted

I stayed in "5r Tagatay " - google it, they have a website. 1k pesos for a fan room with CR, cable TV, hot shower, nature sounds outside, and a veranda. Cool here, very comfortable low temperature.

• Like 2

Pettersson
Posted
Posted

I stayed in "5r Tagatay " - google it, they have a website. 1k pesos for a fan room with CR, cable TV, hot shower, nature sounds outside, and a veranda. Cool here, very comfortable low temperature.

How was the bus ride experience? E.g. comfort, safety, cost, convenient timetable...?

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted (edited)

All the buses so far were fine. Starting at the Buendia bus terminal in Manila, we went to Tagatay by bus. Bus has electronic ticketing onboard.

The next day, v-hire to Calamba for 70. I bought an extra seat for comfort, I felt that was necessary, which I almost never do.

On the way to Calamba we saw a town called La Nueva. I was blown away, it looks just like the American suburbs. GF says it's a new development. There is a freeway /motorway type road up to 1st world standards too.

Calamba has a good mall. We picked up food then headed by bus to Batangas. Arriving in the port area at 9pm, well after the last boat, we were greeted by 5 low lives. They took us to the trike area, then the most vocal one asked for a tip. Seeing as i wished all of these guys had never existed, I declined to tip them. Bloody cheek. Then the trike wanted 250 to help us find a nearby hotel. My girlfriend had lost her cool by this point so I dealt with the driver and he said fine 200... I paid the 200 when he got us to a hotel. It was 4km. This kind of charging upset my gf because in other cities you pay 40 or 50 pesos for that distance. I don't really care, he helped us find a hotel in our budget, which the internet had failed to do, but the experience was not one I would recommend to anyone.

Edited by sandwichmaker
  • Like 2