Philippines Startups Aim To Fulfil Bitcoin’S Remittance Promise

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Earthdome, I never suggested that you were recommending anyone invest in bitcoin, I said others were speculating with it.

Hey guys, I believe this is another innocent misunderstanding.  It happens all the time here.  Hell, I can't even comprehend

all this marketing terminology you guys are talking about anyway.  Let's just kiss and make up and the first pitcher of MoJo

is on me, with my ROI of 20.5% per pitcher -- 200% if you spill it.....he, he.  

I'm a deficit -- Jake

Edited by Jake
spil chek
  • Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

No hard feeling from this direction, I just wanted to make clear a possible misconception. I don't like when people put words in my mouth and I will not stoop to it myself in debate. :)

earthdome
Posted
Posted

No hard feeling from this direction, I just wanted to make clear a possible misconception. I don't like when people put words in my mouth and I will not stoop to it myself in debate. :)

It was not my intention to put words in your mouth, If I did misrepresent your position, you have my apology.

robert k
Posted
Posted

Very gracious of you Earthdome, but no need to apologize, I myself just thought it was a minor misreading and just wanted to clarify my position. I really wish you could convince me, I did the math on the probable fees I would pay and wish there was a better way I would feel secure with. :tiphat:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Ernie20
Posted
Posted

I notice things starting to move on bitcoin and transferring cash. A recent article here on tapping into the Hong Kong maid market providing cheaper transfers.

https://www.techinasia.com/hong-kongs-foreign-maids-bitcoin-send-cash-home-knowing-bitcoin/

Has anyone noticed any adoption of bitcoin in the Philippines, retail, resorts, general economy? Would be interested to know of any incidences.

pokermike
Posted
Posted

I wish i could book bets on bit coin , i would be willing to lay odds that it will go under soon , worthless. Poker Mike

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I wish i could book bets on bit coin , i would be willing to lay odds that it will go under soon , worthless. Poker Mike

I would be willing to take that bet... if we could come to terms on how going under is defined and the actual time frame for soon.

Every time there is some hiccup with some bitcoin related business or service pundits decry that it is the end of bitcoin. Yet bitcoin adoption and use continues to expand and is still here after 5 years.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Ernie20
Posted
Posted

Hiccup there has been certainly! Prices have plummeted recently. Strange, as there is more and more infrastructure out there than ever before. I'm just attempting to get a Bitcoin backed debit card here in Hong Kong.

Everyone has there opinion and I feel there is market out there for moving money around instantly and at a much lower cost. Let's see how it evolves. Another recent article on developments in the Philippines:

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-philippines-perfect-cryptocurrency-storm/

robert k
Posted
Posted

I thought about replying to this thread a short time ago after hearing about a major Bitcoin hack. $5 million USD I believe.