Age Difference (New Guy Here)

Trebek
Posted
Posted

Hello all,  I'm new to this forum and new to dating Filipinas.   I'm a 51 year old American who lives and works in China.  I was looking at a certain Asian dating site the other day (I've had luck meeting Chinese women using this site before),  and I'm getting hit on by many Filipina ladies of all ages.  One in particular is 21 years old.  I'm mainly talking to ladies in their mid to late 30's but this 21 year old sent me a letter and I chatted with her much of the afternoon.   She seems like a nice church going young lady and says that age doesn't matter.   Is this normal?  30 year difference?  Assuming this girl isn't a scammer,  why the hell would she want a 50 year old?   I'm looking for a wife not a quick screw but can this possibly work out?  Is this normal and accepted over in the Philippines?

Thanks for your thoughts on this...

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Hello all,  I'm new to this forum and new to dating Filipinas.   I'm a 51 year old American who lives and works in China.  I was looking at a certain Asian dating site the other day (I've had luck meeting Chinese women using this site before),  and I'm getting hit on by many Filipina ladies of all ages.  One in particular is 21 years old.  I'm mainly talking to ladies in their mid to late 30's but this 21 year old sent me a letter and I chatted with her much of the afternoon.   She seems like a nice church going young lady and says that age doesn't matter.   Is this normal?  30 year difference?  Assuming this girl isn't a scammer,  why the hell would she want a 50 year old?   I'm looking for a wife not a quick screw but can this possibly work out?  Is this normal and accepted over in the Philippines?

Thanks for your thoughts on this...

Yes very normal. Even for girls that are genuine, they don't really care about the age difference.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Actualy 20 year old girls with 40 year old men are suiting BETTER than same aged in our home countries too, because the human raise is wrong contructed  :mocking:        But when the couple become 40 and 60, then she suit better to a 20 year old man  :lol:

Many Filipinas find biger age difference than that ok, I suppouse mainly because of economical reasons  - it was similar for poor girls in our home countries 100 years ago  -   but I believe the culture add some years too, because  -  in difference from in our home countries - they look UP to old people.   AND many Filipin young men are VERY irresponcible, which make many young Filipinas thinking "Better an old and a foreigner instead..."

If someone is short of such, I know several such young Filipinas :)  FRIENDS,  who  look for decent foreigners to marry.  I BELIEVE my gf don't mind I have female friends - but perhaps she don't like my friends tell me truths about Filipin culture   :lol: 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

It's not uncommon a much younger Filipina would want to marry a "Rich Kano" who would be faithful and could support her and her family.

Perhaps you should ask yourself what a girl 30 years younger than you would have in common? 

Having said all that there are a number of forum members living in Philippines now with much younger girlfriends or wife and they are very happy. Honestly its up to you whatever could make you happy.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Age difference is a learned concept.  It is a subject of prejudice in some cultures.  A long time living in a culture like Philippines will teach you the pros and cons of age difference and it will be up to you if you choose a much younger wife.  Stay in Philippines and your choice will be respected.  If you marry and move to another country you will suffer prejudice.

• Like 5