Video Downloader Now With Youtube Search Built-In!

Markham
Posted
Posted

This is a fairly major update as it now includes a very comprehensive search capability for YouTube:

post-190-0-45313800-1405522280_thumb.png

You can search for titles (or part titles) and/or by author and can stipulate words that should (and/or should not) be included in the results. By default, "pages" of up to 25 results are returned but you can opt to have the results in pages of 50. In the screenshot above, I wanted all the movies uploaded by a particular author, hence the title field is blank, with the most-recently released movie appearing first.

All the "Open Video" dialog boxes now contain a live preview of the currently-selected movie.

And there is now a proper help file - simply press F1 (or click on the "?" button on the window).

Here's the download:

SetUp501.zip

Enjoy!

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

When I use the Search function and preview it I get the message below. VEVO, SME, etc. If I click on the "Watch on Youtube" link it opens IE (not my default browser) and plays ok. Sometimes it says not available in your country. If I copy the url to a browser it plays fine in Chrome, IE. Tried using VPN with US IP address, cleared cache, cookies - same. Is this a location thing or a problem with my setup? 

post-575-0-51534900-1405552119_thumb.png

Markham
Posted
Posted

When I use the Search function and preview it I get the message below. VEVO, SME, etc. If I click on the "Watch on Youtube" link it opens IE (not my default browser) and plays ok. Sometimes it says not available in your country. If I copy the url to a browser it plays fine in Chrome, IE. Tried using VPN with US IP address, cleared cache, cookies - same. Is this a location thing or a problem with my setup? 

This is a peculiarity with the way that YouTube tries to police the viewing of certain content to accommodate the wishes of some content providers, eg Vevo. You should be able to download the content, however.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thanks Markham .... I for one appreciate all your hard work with this project ...... :AddEmoticons04230: :AddEmoticons04230:

:cheersty:

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Thanks Markham .... I for one appreciate all your hard work with this project ...... :AddEmoticons04230: :AddEmoticons04230:

:cheersty:

Double thumbs up from me too Markham!  I am trying to imagine how you write or revise lines and lines 

of codes and come up with a more user friendly software.  I don't think I have that much patience to sit

there, maxed out on coffee and continue to write these strange languages.  Hell, I almost failed BASIC A

computer programming a long time ago.

I'm a hardware guy and my patience is over when I start using a crescent hammer for troubleshooting.

Well done sir!

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

Hi Mark,

I appreciate you taking the time to make this download program and to freely share it with us.

A couple of days ago I downloaded your new download program to my laptop which is running Windows 7 Premium Home Edition. Everything seemed to work fine while downloading it but when I click on the icon on my desktop I get a pop up message in a couple of seconds which says "Mark's Multi-site Video Downloader has stopped working."  And, when I click on View problem details is says: Problem Event Name: CLR20r3,  Problem Signature 01: youtube downloader.exe,  Problem Signature 02: 7.16.2014.1521,  etc. etc.

What do you think I should do to get it to work?  Uninstall it and install again or something else?

I still have your previous youtube downloader on my laptop and it still works.

Thanks,

Phillip

Markham
Posted
Posted

Philip,

There may be a problem buried deep inside the code for the multi-threaded, multi-segment download engine as I have noticed a similar problem. I'm in the UK at the moment and won't be able to investigate the problem for about another 3 weeks.

Americano
Posted
Posted

Thanks Mark, There's no hurry so I will wait until you return to the Philippines.

• 1 month later...
Americano
Posted
Posted

Mark,

I still get the message "Mark's Multi-site Video Downloader has stopped working."  Its been over 3 weeks so I'm just checking if you are back in the Philippines.

Phillip

Markham
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am now back in the country, Phil, and can look into this. Can you tell me more precisely when and under what circumstances?

I do suspect your answer will be "it fails when I ask it to get the list of "quality" versions for a particular movie"  but I'd like you to confirm this.

Edited by Markham