Video Downloader Now With Youtube Search Built-In!

Americano
Posted
Posted

On July 19, 2014 I downloaded your new download program to my laptop which is running Windows 7 Premium Home Edition. Everything seemed to work fine while downloading it but when I click on the icon on my desktop to open the downloader I get a pop up message in a couple of seconds which says "Mark's Multi-site Video Downloader has stopped working."  And, when I click on View problem details is says: Problem Event Name: CLR20r3,  Problem Signature 01: youtube downloader.exe,  Problem Signature 02: 7.16.2014.1521,  etc. etc.

In other words the new downloader never opens.  Should I uninstall it and instill it again or just install it again without removing the one already on the computer?  You may also need to know that the previous version in still on my laptop.  It still opens and seems to work correctly but didn't find any video URLs to download for the videos I tried to download last night. I guess that's due to updates made at YouTube.

Markham
Posted
Posted

On July 19, 2014 I downloaded your new download program to my laptop which is running Windows 7 Premium Home Edition. Everything seemed to work fine while downloading it but when I click on the icon on my desktop to open the downloader I get a pop up message in a couple of seconds which says "Mark's Multi-site Video Downloader has stopped working."  And, when I click on View problem details is says: Problem Event Name: CLR20r3,  Problem Signature 01: youtube downloader.exe,  Problem Signature 02: 7.16.2014.1521,  etc. etc.

In other words the new downloader never opens.  Should I uninstall it and instill it again or just install it again without removing the one already on the computer?  You may also need to know that the previous version in still on my laptop.  It still opens and seems to work correctly but didn't find any video URLs to download for the videos I tried to download last night. I guess that's due to updates made at YouTube.

I have just sent you a PM with an attached ZIP file which contains an updated executable. Please unzip into the correct folder on your PC allowing the new executable file to overwrite the original.

Would you please let me know if this clears the issue so that I can issue the update more formally.

Thanks!!

Americano
Posted
Posted

I have just sent you a PM with an attached ZIP file which contains an updated executable. Please unzip into the correct folder on your PC allowing the new executable file to overwrite the original.

Would you please let me know if this clears the issue so that I can issue the update more formally.

Thanks!!

Hi Mark,

Its almost 1:00AM now and we have some family visiting for 2 or 3 days so I will update the downloader as soon as possible and then let you know the results.

Thank you very much,

Phillip

Americano
Posted
Posted

I did the update on my laptop. When I got the update done I could see the downloader but only about 1/2 of it starting at the top left corner so I couldn't see the Search button or Preview button. When I closed the program and then tried to open it again I got the same message as before saying it has stopped working.

Next I downloaded the program above to my desk top which is running Windows 7 Ultimate. After download it only showed about half of the screen the same as the laptop. And after I downloaded the update it says the program has stopped working.

Markham
Posted
Posted

Attached to this post is version 5.25 which I have released today.

Enjoy!

SetUp525.zip

Americano
Posted
Posted

Tonight I downloaded version 5.25.  After downloading it over the top of the previous version it wouldn't open. Got the same message as before " Mark's Multi-site Video Downloader has stopped working."

Next, I uninstalled the downloader and installed 5.25 again with the same results.

Next, I turned off my McAfee antivirus and Firewall, and checked install the K-Lite Codec Pack which it said I already had and didn't need. This time during installation it said "An error occurred while installing the dependencies, restart your computer and try again.  I did a restart and tried again with the same results.

Next, I did a right click on the downloader icon on the desktop and clicked on Troubleshoot Compatibility.  After scanning a while and trying to correct any problems it displayed the message "Incompatible Application Detected"

I closed all programs and applications and then clicked on the Downloader Icon.  The downloader program opened and seems to work but only about 1/4 of the top left of the program is shown, before it was about 1/2.  I haven't been able to view the entire downloader screen and can't figure out what could be causing this problem.

Markham
Posted
Posted

Tonight I downloaded version 5.25.  After downloading it over the top of the previous version it wouldn't open. Got the same message as before " Mark's Multi-site Video Downloader has stopped working."

Next, I uninstalled the downloader and installed 5.25 again with the same results.

Next, I turned off my McAfee antivirus and Firewall, and checked install the K-Lite Codec Pack which it said I already had and didn't need. This time during installation it said "An error occurred while installing the dependencies, restart your computer and try again.  I did a restart and tried again with the same results.

Next, I did a right click on the downloader icon on the desktop and clicked on Troubleshoot Compatibility.  After scanning a while and trying to correct any problems it displayed the message "Incompatible Application Detected"

I closed all programs and applications and then clicked on the Downloader Icon.  The downloader program opened and seems to work but only about 1/4 of the top left of the program is shown, before it was about 1/2.  I haven't been able to view the entire downloader screen and can't figure out what could be causing this problem.

Very strange ... I'm wondering if you have version 3.5 of the .Net Framework installed on your PCs. We can check this easily - please download the ZIP file attached to this post (it's only 9 KB!) which contains two executable files. I want you to run NV2.exe compare it to this screen capture:

post-190-0-97015000-1410926104_thumb.png

The line I've highlighted should be included in your copy. If you don't see that line, then you don't have the correct Framework installed and you'll need to download and install it from Microsoft's Server.

Now please run NV35.exe from that ZIP file which is exactly the same program as NV2 but requires version 3.5 of the Framework. Does NV35 run at all or does it exhibit a similar problem to the downloader?

NetVersions.zip

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

Both NV2 and NV35 ran on my desktop without any problem.  Here's the results.  Sorry I didn't know how to copy it without coping the entire screen.

Edited to say: I don't know why the screen copy didn't appear after I posted it but here what is says:

V2.0.50727.5420 SP2

V3.0 -> 3.0.30729.5420 SP2

V3.5 -> 3.5.30729.5420  SP1

V4 ->  Client -> 4.5.50709

Full ->  4.5.50709

V4.0  -> Client -> 4.0.0.0

Edited by Americano

Markham
Posted
Posted

Phil,

Let me know if the attached fixes your problem - YTD.zip

Americano
Posted
Posted

Mark,

The YTD.zip didn't make any difference in the viewable portion of the downloader.