Video Downloader Now With Youtube Search Built-In!

Americano
Posted
Posted

Mark,

I guess its saying a Plug-in is not installed but I don't know what the Plug-in name is or where to find it.

Phillip

• 3 weeks later...
Markham
Posted
Posted (edited)

Mark,

I guess its saying a Plug-in is not installed but I don't know what the Plug-in name is or where to find it.

Phillip

The attached update should (I hope!) cure that problem.

Please download and install "SetUp5485a.zip" and not "SetUp585.zip" which I can not remove.

SetUp585a.zip

SetUp585.zip

Edited by Markham

Americano
Posted
Posted

Mark,

Phillip

Please download and install "SetUp5485a.zip" and not "SetUp585.zip" which I can not remove.

attachicon.gifSetUp585a.zip

Thanks Mark, can you believe this last SetUp858a fixed the problems I was having.  Now I can see the entire screen of the Downloader and I can Search for Videos and Preview them.  I didn't download a video yet so if I have any other problems I will let you know.  Thanks again.  Phillip

• Like 1

Markham
Posted
Posted

Mark,

Phillip

attachicon.gifSetUp585a.zip

Thanks Mark, can you believe this last SetUp858a fixed the problems I was having.  Now I can see the entire screen of the Downloader and I can Search for Videos and Preview them.  I didn't download a video yet so if I have any other problems I will let you know.  Thanks again.  Phillip

Good news, Phillip, you can catch-up with the rest of us now!

Americano
Posted
Posted

Search and View are working fine but Get Versions does not work. When I click on Get Versions it says "The Media Plug-in is not Installed"

My LG SMART TV will only play videos that are either MP4 or FLV so I was planning to save videos on a USB thumb drive and play them on the TV.

Also I haven't been able to download a video yet but that may have just been because the videos I chose were not available for download and I don't need to download them anyway until I know what format they are.

Markham
Posted
Posted (edited)

Search and View are working fine but Get Versions does not work. When I click on Get Versions it says "The Media Plug-in is not Installed"

You didn't wait for the plug-in to be downloaded then. The full message you will have been given is "The Media Plug-In is not installed. I must install it to continue." The status line on the Main Tab should have been indicating that a download was in process.

Here's a replacement executable which I've modified to ensure that the plug-in is downloaded and available. Download it and simply unzip it to overwrite the existing executable:YTD-Executable586.zip

My LG SMART TV will only play videos that are either MP4 or FLV so I was planning to save videos on a USB thumb drive and play them on the TV.

Also I haven't been able to download a video yet but that may have just been because the videos I chose were not available for download and I don't need to download them anyway until I know what format they are.

That won't matter. In a future version I will be providing the ability to transcode videos between all the principal formats. Edited by Markham

• 4 weeks later...
Markham
Posted
Posted

Version 6 is now available! I've added 6 more resolution settings for YouTube movies and a completely new file type (MKV - high-resolution MPEG-4). Also I have fixed a number of display glitches - mostly these are incorrect or missing popup hints.

Enjoy!

SetUp600.zip

• 4 months later...
Markham
Posted
Posted

I haven't updated the program since the end of last year and as YouTube has added a number of new video options - including 8K UHD video - I thought it was about time to release an updated version.

Google, which owns YouTube, is in the process of changing the "search" function and has released a new API and deprecated the original YouTube functionality; I think they are hoping to make money out of it. Unfortunately the new search API doesn't currently offer the features as the one it replaces and may end up simply supporting simple keyword searches. This program will continue to use the older, richer API until it no longer works, at which point I'll switch it to use the newer API.

Since releasing the last update, I see that JGF has imposed a 2MB per file limit for downloads with the result that I have had to split the install set into 3 files as, at 2.4MB the single installation file was too large. You need to download all three files, unzip them and then execute 'Setup620.exe'.

SetUp620.zip  SetUp620-1.zip  SetUp620-2.zip

• 4 months later...
strap
Posted
Posted

Mark,

Just wanted to let you know that I downloaded and used your Video Downloader a few days ago. It worked perfectly for what I needed.

I installed another YouTube downloader about a year ago that I got from CNET or somewhere. That one really messed my laptop up with malware and other assorted crap. It took a lot of work to get it un-crapped. So it's nice to have one now that I can trust.

Thank you very much!

• Like 2