United States Tourist Visa For Spouse

jon1
Posted
Posted

good story seems that the embassy does grant VISA's ,

my child has applied 3 times since 2008 to attend a USCIS hearing for a N-600 procedure , a citizenship ceremony, was denied all 3 times, over 160x 3 wasted plus 600+ for the USCIS case.

any wonder why they would NOT grant a child a VISA to attend ?

If your child is genetically yours, you should apply for a birth abroad. The child of a US Citizen born abroad will get citizenship without all of the other stuff you have gone thru. If there is any doubt that the child is yours, the Consular officer will request a DNA test (costs about $700), once received they will schedule an appointment at St Lukes where they obtain the sample (with Consular Officer present to prevent fraudulent samples) and the kit is turned over to the Consular Officer. The kit is then sent to the US and once the results are received they will let you know. If it's positive they will process the passport for your child. 

I do not know the procedures if the child is adopted or the procedures for immigration (green card) as I was not researching that.

My guess would be if an immigration type of visa is being applied for that there has to be a sponsor in the US.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
good story seems that the embassy does grant VISA's ,

Of course if all the boxes are ticked. In the OPs case they were and where most fall down is that they cant prove that they have a reason to return to the Philippines.

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Of course if all the boxes are ticked. In the OPs case they were and where most fall down is that they cant prove that they have a reason to return to the Philippines.

so very true. if my child attends the USCIS hearing for citizenship

and obtains said citizenship, then the child is no longer

philippine national but a US citizen.then the VISA is a moot issue.

If your child is genetically yours, you should apply for a birth abroad. The child of a US Citizen born abroad will get citizenship without all of the other stuff you have gone thru.

If there is any doubt that the child is yours,

the Consular officer will request a DNA test (costs about $700), once received they will schedule an appointment at St Lukes where they obtain the sample (with Consular Officer present to prevent fraudulent samples) and the kit is turned over to the Consular Officer. The kit is then sent to the US and once the results are received they will let you know. If it's positive they will process the passport for your child.

that DNA issue was raised at embassy.

(without sounding "radical" I dont trust the government & the date storage that holds personal info,

#2 at a time i was supposed to be in the states i wasnt so that would have created a BIG issue)

therefore I did the route via USCIS N-600 , as at the time i was not in the P.I and was uncertain of when or if i would return,also the mother of said child, was not and is not helpful

• 6 months later...
tango_99
Posted
Posted

Would you please elaborate on the sponsorship letter?  I have read many post and been to the US Manila embassy website and seen no requirements for a sponsorship letter.  My wife will be going in for her interview sometime in FEB of 2015, we have all the documents you mentioned in your post except a sponsorship letter.

Thanks...

Roger

jon1
Posted
Posted

It is a letter that you draft up and describe your relationship (concisely) and the intentions of the visa. This is your only chance to get your say during the interview and it must be succinct as you will not be allowed into the interviewing area.

Post a few more times and I can send you a private message or email. Whichever you prefer.

tango_99
Posted
Posted

It is a letter that you draft up and describe your relationship (concisely) and the intentions of the visa. This is your only chance to get your say during the interview and it must be succinct as you will not be allowed into the interviewing area.

Post a few more times and I can send you a private message or email. Whichever you prefer.

Well that sounds eay enough but if you have a rough draft of a sponsorship letter, that would be great.  Look forward to seeing what you typed up.  I want to get this right the first time if possible so the wife can get her visa with a minimium of trips into the embassy.

Thanks....

jon1
Posted
Posted (edited)

tango_99

You need to post one more time (you have to have a minimum of 5 posts) before I can send you a private message. Once you do that I will gladly email you what I drafted to give you something to start with.

Edited by jon1

MikeB
Posted
Posted
You need to post one more time (you have to have a minimum of 5 posts) before I can send you a private message.

Did you try to PM him? I don't believe there is a restriction on new members receiving PMs, only a time limit on how many they can send.

• Like 1

jon1
Posted
Posted

My bad Mike (confused it with settings on another forum). Test message sent reply back when you get it...

:cheersty:  :cheers:

• Like 1

tango_99
Posted
Posted

Ok...one more post just in case. The wife has made her payment at BPI and completed the on-line application form.  Now she just needs to stop by the bank, get her account info, and then a few passport photos.  I will book her interview slot at the embassy as soon as she has all her documents lined up.  We are both excited at the possibilty of her visiting the states, it's something she has always wanted to do.

Thanks for all the info guys!

Roger