United States Tourist Visa For Spouse

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Marvin Boggs said:

If it's combining B1 and B2 in that statistic, then it could be a simple case of most B2's being granted but very few B1's.  I wonder what the 2019 shows.  In our case, she has a legitimate business in her name that would be appropriate for a legitimate trip to the US.  I would have explored B2 first if I thought B1 was going to be so difficult. 

Possible, but I think the post from @Joey G  may be what is preventing some people from getting the visitor visa.  They are trying to weed out the people who want to avoid the time and expense of going for a spouse or fiance visa by going the tourist route.

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Mike J said:

Possible, but I think the post from @Joey G  may be what is preventing some people from getting the visitor visa.  They are trying to weed out the people who want to avoid the time and expense of going for a spouse or fiance visa by going the tourist route.

Which is why I wish they could at least give a satisfactory explanation.  The fact we want to live in PH is a penalty against her visiting the US?  If what you are suggesting is true, I find that very odd.  Some people just honestly want to visit.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Marvin Boggs said:

If you could add some detail I think we could really benefit from it.  Did these approvals have family members already in the States?  Had they already been to the US before?  Did they have children with US passports?  

This is why the Expat forum has a lot of value, so we can share experiences.  In my case, and others here, our wives are getting denied for no discernible reason.  

Pastor and his wife who have a daughter who is married and lives in Florida.  They also have a son who lives in the USA, can't remember where.  They have visited multiple time.  A single lady friend who lives in Davao.  She likes to travel and has been to the US twice.  No relatives in the USA.  These are people who mentioned it in conversation.  There could be others I suppose, it is not something I have ever brought up in conversation.  My wife does Facebook with lots of "friends".  I will see if she can offer more input.