Need Help On Costs

ITSMRBILL
Posted
Posted

WHEN AAALLL IS SAID AND DONE...NO MATTER HOW MUCH PLANNING HOW MUCH RESEARCH HOW MUCH HOMEWORK I DO I JUST ASK MYSELF THIS IN THE FINAL ANALYSIS: BILL YOU HAVE LIVED ON THE EDGE YOU HAVE KNOWN HORRIBLE DAYS YOU HAVE SURVIVED WHERE OTHERS WOULD HAVE PERISHED. IF YOU HAD 5 OR 10 GRAND IN YOUR POCKET WHERE WOULD IT BE BETTER USED ON THE BEACH IN FLORIDA OR A BEACH IN THE P.I.?..........I GET A ROOM I GET INSURANCE I GET A CYCLE I FIND A HOTTIE WHO WORKS I PAY THE RENT IN ADVANCE... I START FROM THERE...THE WAY I SEE IT I CANT DO ANY OF THAT HERE. HAHA....OR I WOULD........IT LOOKS LIKE I HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE YES I WOULD HAVE A BUGOUT BAG AND AN ESCAPE PLAN... TICKET MONEY ETC. ON A CARD.... I CAN ALWAYS FLY BACK TO HOMELESS ON THE BEACH WHAT? IN 20 HOURS OR SO?........lol I gotta try the unkown is sometimes more merciful than the known.... I know it is untenable here... I don't know that where the rent can be 150.00 a month..... I'm gonna check it out! putting up the RV FOR SALE  on craigslist asap! 1994 bounder rv 52k miles great shape needs tlc runs great 7500.00 invested 7500.00 put into it 10k or best offer and im on a plane..... I gotta try

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

Don't underestimate those little scooters, the wheelbase is so short that i found myself overcorrecting at first. Also the torque is not there like my V65 Magna of years ago. I spent a few enjoyable hours on a Suzuki HD110 learning to ride it slow enough that people walking would pass me and the speedometer would not register. Gravel sucks no matter what country you find it in. Avoid truly massive carabao droppings. Treat them like landmines, don't be near anything else such as a tricycle when they are going to plough one either. :lol:

• Like 4

ITSMRBILL
Posted
Posted

I can also teach English unofficially. I did so at my Korean church I went from one student to about 20 in 2 weeks cuz I taught the proper English sentences and words and then I showed the common kewl way to say something.. everybody liked and remembered the "kewl' way. result? they sounded like they have lived here all their lives lol. it was like the movie with Robin Williams- GOOOD MOORRNIN VIETNAAAM- IT WAS HILARIOUS AND SERIOUS  at the same time. I simply told them if you want to know sentence structure and the rules of language go to college and be bored out of your minds for a year. if you want to speak English and know the proper context of a word or sentence and speak English like a child learns...welcome to my class!.... they all speak great English now lol.  I need info on internet and phone service I have a smart phone and pay 138.00 a month for it I could do without the frills what carriers are there? I have sprint now and plans I have a chase bank account and as far as I know I can still get direct deposit in over 60 countries worldwide no problem and I believe P.I.  is one of them because I know Thailand is lol. I promise I will do a lot of homework before I go but my pan is to sell everything I own and hope to get at least 10k for it. I know a lot of girls from there who use the internet and their mobiles everyday so it cant be too hard or expensive to get they all use them and facebook voraciously lol.

I promise I will have a card with a few thousand bucks on it and wont tell a soul I have it.  IAM LEARNING PIMSLEUR KOREAN AND CHINESE AND I CAN SPEAK SOME RUSSIAN THANKS TO MY EX RUSSIAN GF OLGA. I would be willing to work odd jobs oartime as long as its allowed and under the radar so my benefits aren't threatened... im 100% aand in pain a lot but im used to it and you wouldn't know it unless I told you...sometimes I limp around on a cane. just got told by the korean pastor im living with that family from korea are coming to  live in the us (go figure) and my stay just got shortend by 1.5 months!.... I take that as a boot in the butt by god himself!.......I can take a hint  lol. I figure the worst that can happen is I waste some money and 2 or 3 months and find out I hate it and I get my butt on a plane and say hello to my beach and more homelessness or I love it and kick myself for not doing it years ago.

so I would like advise and info on this scenario:

I'm getting on a plane in 3-4 months what should I do what would you do what boxes would you checkoff/....

and what I should do the minute I get "feet dry" in the P.I.

I need visa info work info immediate lodging info transpo. info insurance info. I can do without airconditioning I can live with slow internet I can make do with a phone on a limited plan etc. church info. side work the best places you would live and look if you were me. what a nice girl is in the p.I.? and what they expect. and the best place to meet them besides a bar. I need to know about what scams I will face etc. im pretty good at reading between the lines and sizing up someone 5 minutes into talkin to them-ex cop. btw they police ALWAYS LIKE ME WHEREVER I GO TOO. "bill you can stay ur no problem but everyone else leave NOW'  ive heard that plenty of times I have never looked or acted homeless. I can blend in very well and never make waves.  I need real intel as if im going because I am done deal I will not try to kid myself and try to live on 800.00 a month here in the states.... THAT IS NOW A DEAD HORSE WITH FLIES ALLL OVER IT I AINT KICKIN IT ANY MORE.... thanks guys!

what would you do when you get off the plane? BOOM!

sjp52
Posted
Posted

When you get closer to your departure date fire some of those questions you have on this Forum and we will try to answer them. Things like scams in some bars and women scams and taxi scams, Cheap hotels. You will be able to ask more precise questions when you decide what city you will be heading too. Good Luck

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I skimmed through this and may have missed a post or 2 but I think only 1 person recommended that you come for a couple of visits before committing to a "permanent" move. Moving to a 3rd world country you have never even visited is a very bad idea. Reading forums is not a good basis to make such a big personal decision.  

• Like 4

ITSMRBILL
Posted
Posted

BOOM! SJP52!! THAAANKS THAAATS WHAT IM TALKIN BOUT  I will sure do that I have a few months before I get there. will let everyone know when I do but where should I land is manila in Mindanao? lol I don't even know where I should land lol....scary but ive been more scared before haha.

ITSMRBILL
Posted
Posted

mikeb thanks and Im fully aware of the downsides of the culture shock etc. but from my perspective it has every possibility of being BETTER. here being better would be to suddenly make 3 times what I have now...fresh out of rich uncles lol. I  gotta think like this:.. whats the worst that can happen? I blow 2 0r 3 grand and it kicks my ass and I get back on a plane. that's the worst I can see. now I have the same money here whats the worst that can happen I go thru it in a month or 2 and im homeless again ang got nowhere.

sometimes to change your future you gotta gamble it all and the only way to change an attitude is to change your latitude lol.  I HAVE LEARNED SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT THAT I WISHED I LEARNED LONG AGO. in the us it is designed to keep the poor poor every program I see is designed for you to need the program. there is no housing no food no living wages no jobs no chance to make it here on 800.00 a month they should have a big sign at the border A SMALL PART OF THE AMERICAN DREAM WILL COST YOU 2500.00 -3000.00 PER MONTH ANYTHING LESS AND UR JUST FAKING IT! I'm going to go somewhere where my money gets stretched....not shrunk. I will go for 3 or 4 months if I haven't made it by then I figure im not going to......a oneway ticket is 783.50 back to florida. I will have at least 4 times that on my escape card. I have a gun to my head and the guy says ' you can jump into this hell hole you've jumped into sooo many times before or you can jump into a hole you have never seen before BILL but you cant stay here you gotta jump  whattya wanna do?.... its a no brainer I'M JUMPING INTO HOLE #2 AND TAKIN MY CHANCES LOL

ITSMRBILL
Posted
Posted

I GOTTA THANK GOD FOR YOU GUYS AND THIS FORUM... I HAVE GOTTEN MORE HELP WITH MY FUTURE IN 2 DAYS THEN IN THE LAST 2 YEARS... REALLY.... I AM VERY GRATEFUL FOR THE ADVICE AND SUPPORT-----I WILL RECOMMEND THIS SITE TO ANYONE IN MY SHOES... NO MATTER WAHT HAPPENS I WILL ONLY BLAME MYSELF IF I FAIL...AND S- T-I-L-L- THANK ALL OF YOU GUYS FOR YOUR EFFORTS........ im rollin the dice..... I have nothing to lose at this point!

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Your mind is made up so one last thing. The legal requirement for entering the country is an "onward" ticket to any foreign destination out of the Philippines. Forget that. Have a r/t ticket back to the US with a return date within a year so you can pay some charges to change the date and fly back. You don't want to be stranded here, the US embassy will not be sympathetic to your plight and neither will anyone else. Good luck.  

• Like 3

ITSMRBILL
Posted
Posted

EXCELLENT IDEA MIKEB THAT IS A ROGER! LOL SOUNDS GOOD I WILL DO JUST THAT! I KNOW THAT IF I CHANGE THE DATE I PAY A SMALL FEE LIKE 100.00 MORE BUCKS TO LEAVE AT A DIFFERENT DATE ETC IVE DONE THAT BEFORE....GREAT ADVISE I WILL DO IT! THANKS!