Aussie Found Dead In Cavite

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

My sister in law,  a  "talent manager" in the Filipino movie business, tells me that the Australian bit part actor Brent Metken (Brenton Trevor Metken) was found dead  with "lead poisoning" yesterday.

10441269_846390062045516_806350945125357

She liked the guy and had worked with him, but she does not seem particularly surprised.

http://www.tempo.com.ph/2014/08/aussie-found-dead-in-cavite/

Edited -  got that wrong - he was an Aussie,and he was killed in Cavite. The "Manila Bulletin" had mixed up two different cases. Anyway, he's dead now.

Edited by Methersgate

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
http://www.tempo.com...dead-in-cavite/ Edited - got that wrong - he was an Aussie,and he was killed in Cavite. The "Manila Bulletin" had mixed up two different cases. Anyway, he's dead now.

allow me to post this story as

Not all members have a fast connection to open this link

An Australian tourist was found murdered yesterday morning at Kaybiang Tunnel Road

in Barangay Patungan, this municipality.

Senior Inspector Toribio A. Asa, Maragondon acting police chief,

identified the fatality as Brenton Trevor Metken, 58,

of Mendiola Apartment 12, Ayala, Alabang, Muntinglupa City, Metro Manila.

Asa said that Metken’s body with multiple bullet wounds was discovered by passersby on the tunnel road at 6:30 a.m.

The foreigner’s identity was provided by his friends.

Metken had a tourist visa that was issued last February 14.

He was temporarily residing at the apartment in Ayala, Alabang, it was gathered.

No one could tell who killed Metken, Asa told this reporter in an interview.

Asa, citing a report, said that a vehicle sped off after four gunfire rang out in the area.

“We still don’t have details about the incident. I am still waiting for the report of SoCO (Scene of the Crime Operatives) and my investigators,” Asa said.

He added that it was the first time that a man’s body was dumped in the area for years.

Metken was the second crime fatality that was reported in Cavite province this week.

The first victim was Dr. Rolando Custodio who was found blindfolded, hogtied

and shot inside his car on Governors Drive in Amadeo municipality last Sunday.

The killing of Custodio, a pediatrician and resident of Bacoor City, remained a mystery until this day.

Senior Superintendent Joselito T. Esquivel Jr. and his officers are now looking into the deaths of Custodio and Metken. (Anthony Giron)

http://www.tempo.com.ph/2014/08/aussie-found-dead-in-cavite/

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Thanks. I wish I could go back and correct the title. Maybe a moderator can do that?

It looks like a classic "rub out". Nothing "accidental" or "spur of the moment" about this killing.

According to my SIL, whom he often worked for, he was a good looking and popular guy, and kept himself in shape - possibly a little "too popular"?

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

suicide ?

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

suicide ?

Yes, undoubtedly!  :tiphat: 

A clear case of suicide by four shots from a car that drove away at speed.

Suicidal behavior beforehand, almost certainly.

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 2