A Woman Without A Heart And A Man With Too Much

MikeB
Posted
Posted

First of all we are only hearing one side of this but, taken at face value, the sad tale has nothing to do with "pinays" or any other nationality. The OP stated he fell for a picture and a profile on a website, corresponded with someone he didn't know for 4 months then proposed marriage and began supporting her (and probably the family) - never having physically met. Who’s fault is that? Nationality has nothing to do with it, there are good and bad people of all nationalities, races, and creeds.

As for anyone learning from the post, would he (or anyone) have listened to reason and rationality when they're walking around in the clouds? I know people who investigate these "relationships" for fee, even when confronted with incontrovertible proof (that they paid for) they usually don't believe it.

• Like 2

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

As for anyone learning from the post, would he (or anyone) have listened to reason and rationality when they're walking around in the clouds? I know people who investigate these "relationships" for fee, even when confronted with incontrovertible proof (that they paid for) they usually don't believe it.

Well as for learning, I would say yes, not all but some. When I joined this forum I read everything I could and learnt about the pitfalls of meeting a girl online, so when I eventually came here I was very careful to what I said and what was said to me, I took everything with a grain of salt and I did meet a girl, not online and as far as I am concerned she is straight up but again time will tell. I have also learnt to go with your own gut feeling because 9 out of 10 times it is giving you the right information. Life knocks you down sometimes, best just to get up and see what tomorrow brings. Oh and I also have a horror story concerning an asian girl that happened to me.

Edited by frosty (chris)
  • Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well as for learning, I would say yes, not all but some. When I joined this forum I read everything I could and learnt about the pitfalls of meeting a girl online, so when I eventually came here I was very careful to what I said and what was said to me, I took everything with a grain of salt and I did meet a girl, not online and as far as I am concerned she is straight up but again time will tell. I have also learnt to go with your own gut feeling because 9 out of 10 times it is giving you the right information. Life knocks you down sometimes, best just to get up and see what tomorrow brings. Oh and I also have a horror story concerning an asian girl that happened to me.

Hey Frosty,

What's with you guys from Australia?  Too much time alone in the Outback?  We have a resident

PH.D and now you coming up with some awesome and profound statements about life in general.  

Triple LIKE Frosty, respectfully -- Jake

PS -- give me some time to get my popcorn.  I feel your horror story is gonna be a juicy one!

Edited by Jake
  • Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I have a question that someone may know the answer to.  This woman, couldn't she be accused of fraudulently obtaining a visa and thus deported?

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

yes, for sure.

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

I don't think she can be deported since they already have an established marriage-all be it from the Phl. This seems to be a case of  marital problems (neglect) whereas the OP is giving his "perception" of how she is acting-and he-in his own opinion- has equated her being on US soil with her about face attitude. An attorney (or judge) would have to hear her side as well to sort out the accuracy of this perception. The fact that she is nowhere to be found is not her fault so much-as she was asked to leave.

Her restricted status (not clear on the time lines as described by the OP), means generally as long as she does not commit any crime-and also assuming she has filed step 1- a green card (CR1-temp status) -again not sure with OP-this is not mentioned...means she can stay up to the point she would have to file for permanent residency. Then there could be a problem.

It's always advised to file for a K-1 (fiancee visa) if there's any possibility the couple will be living in the US (be it right away or down the road). It's a lot cleaner and easier regarding deporting-if it comes to that-at least that's what legal advice I had been told in the past.

• Like 2

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

You have good gut feelings...she is a great girl. :)

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Hey Frosty,

What's with you guys from Australia?  Too much time alone in the Outback?  We have a resident

PH.D and now you coming up with some awesome and profound statements about life in general.  

Triple LIKE Frosty, respectfully -- Jake

PS -- give me some time to get my popcorn.  I feel your horror story is gonna be a juicy one!

Well Jake, It's called the school of hard knocks, we have all been there and sometimes we learn, sometimes we don't, but geez I wouldn't be dead for quids.

• Like 2

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

You have good gut feelings...she is a great girl. :)

Salamat Amigo

• Like 1

palu
Posted
Posted

I don't think she can be deported since they already have an established marriage-all be it from the Phl. This seems to be a case of  marital problems (neglect) whereas the OP is giving his "perception" of how she is acting-and he-in his own opinion- has equated her being on US soil with her about face attitude. An attorney (or judge) would have to hear her side as well to sort out the accuracy of this perception. The fact that she is nowhere to be found is not her fault so much-as she was asked to leave.

Her restricted status (not clear on the time lines as described by the OP), means generally as long as she does not commit any crime-and also assuming she has filed step 1- a green card (CR1-temp status) -again not sure with OP-this is not mentioned...means she can stay up to the point she would have to file for permanent residency. Then there could be a problem.

It's always advised to file for a K-1 (fiancee visa) if there's any possibility the couple will be living in the US (be it right away or down the road). It's a lot cleaner and easier regarding deporting-if it comes to that-at least that's what legal advice I had been told in the past.

I do agree about the K-1 visa. You have 90 days to marry or back she goes. A CR-1 (married less than 2 years) enters the US with a 2 year visa and green card. I would never do the CR-1 again. I also would reflect longer on a divorce as it does not releave you of your financial responsibilities and tends to play into her hand..My wife insisted on a divorce if she went back to the Philippines.This only frees her up to play another poor dumb guy as she did me. She does not have to explain away the sham marriage to me.I really gained nothing by divorcing her other than avoiding any financial culpability for any bills she might run up.

Another warning sign I see upon reflection, if your girl knows too many other women who have married other foreigners and have played them. 

Anyway, my future plans including retirement in a few years, moving to the Philippines and then, and only then, open my heart to a filipina. Way,way too many problems and pitfalls bringing a spouse into the US. I believe there are and will remain a number of gems in the Philippines but the number of women chasing the easy dollar is increasing as well.