Bitter Sweet Filipinas My Experience

RBM
Posted
Posted

Wow guys thanks for  heart breaking stories, had my GF in tears.

Thanks heaps for sharing your inner most thoughts and tender emotions. 

So nice that you have both recovered and no doubt treasure what must of been the most wonderful moments of your life.

Wish you both and your families a sweet and rewarding future.

• Like 5

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Mike, do all you can to reflect on what Heather would want for you-sometimes that takes a hard focus and it somehow can ease the pain knowing your loving someone and being loved. I know that sounds cliche and overly simplistic, but it's how I got throught the toughest times with my new love. No, the pain never totally will leave you, I agree. My deepest condolences.

Respectfully, Steve

Thanks Steve, I must admit even though we were only together for 3 years, I still think about her all the time. I think that happens when you lose someone you had been looking for a long time. I think I have been kind of unconsciously ruining all my relationships since Heather, because I am compairing to what I had. I need to stop doing that. However, I take great solice in helping my friends from the ERUF and the people of Cebu. Heather was also a great supporter of humanitarian causes, so she is kind of with me. :)

Thanks for the kind words Steve. In addition, once again sorry for your lose.

• Like 3

Paul_QLD
Posted
Posted

Jake, Jake..your killin' me bud, but it's ok-thanks actually..I'll share something with you regarding revelant songs.

After my emotional recovery (to an extent), I met my next Filipina (Annie was her name), Adhel was still on my mind. She always said to me during her fight with cancer.."don't cry, honey..please". It pained her too much to see me in pain, even in spite of her helpless fight-how selfless is that?

Anyway, one day many months later, I was listening to random love songs on You Tube thinking of Adhel-ya know..just lost in thought of our memories together (even though Annie and I had already met but were still building a relationship). Well, what song popped up-randomly? You got it-"Annie's Song", by John Denver (my word to God it did, Jake). It took me in an instant from the past to the present-and to me, I thought, it was Adhel visiting me saying don't cry honey, you found a new love. It's going to be OK. 

Incredible! 

• Like 2

Miguk
Posted
Posted

Hello, Gentlemen,

I thought I would share a bit of my life with you regarding my experience with Internet dating-bitter sweet to say the least.

My story begins when I had been chatting with a very poor gal from Paranaque who was using an internet cafe. Well. long story short, we hit it off. She was the sweetest most honest, precious lady I met and asked nothing from me. She had deep beautiful eyes and spoke with a smoothness, I really can't accurately describe. Rromance and beauty dominated this quiet woman's every being when I went to see her. I brought her a certain type of perfume found only in Victoria Secret which she always dreamed of having. We had the best 2 weeks together I could imagine. The days were full of joy, the nights with passion-we both fell so deeply in love. When I had to go back a taxi drove us to the airport, where we said our sad good byes but she knew I was going to get to work on sponsoring her (K-1), so we could be together -married, happy, the whole bit-life was finally becoming what I only dreamed it would be. Little did I know, it was the last time I would ever see her in person. Fast forward, I got her a laptop so we could communicate on Skype while waiting for the paperwork to go through. She lived in a room spacer above a store, so she was as poor as a church mouse, but I supplied her needs and she hung in there very well. Her happiness and contentment was in our love more than the squaller she had to endure so she said to save my money for our life together. 2 months into the visa process, after complaining of stomach pains, I told her to go to the doctor. She had ovarian cancer (stage 1-so they said anyway). I borrowed from my 401K to get her the chemo, radiation, and medicine needed to fight the cancer. I told her-be strong-for us. She was indeed!! In the course of 5 months it spread to the bone. Once it traveled up her spine to her brain-that was it. All this painful time watching her fight this took about 6 months. I felt completely helpless. I could not travel to see her because every bit of money I could get went to her treatments so we talked on Skype through her ups and downs. I can't even describe what it felt like to see each day her regressing like she did-but she fought and fought. Toward the end-on Skype-while she was in the hospital room, I told her I will never forget our love and will carry it with me for the rest of my days. She smiled and could barely speak and said-"Please don't cry-I will be with God soon". That was our last communication. Her sister told me the next day-as her 83 yr old mother held her in her arms, "Tell Steve I love him.". Then she expired. I saw (on her Skype) her body in state at her family's house. The perfume was next to her with pictures of us together. This is how she was buried. Her dream, and my dream of being together---was over. I never felt such pain in my life. She was a true angel-the joy of my life. I had bought her a fancy coffee cup when I was there-and she gave me her plain yellow one in return which I use her every day.  It took me about year of healing before I reasoned out that I needed to move forward in my quest for love-and Adhel encouraged me to do so before she died. I searched again and this time found Annie. She's a cute, bubbly, little filipina gal that I met, love, and married. We are very happy to this day-and I know Adhel is looking down at me smiling that I am happy now. The two are special in their own way-kind of like the best steak compared to the best Ice Cream-nothing alike but both wonderful. In closing, I want to say, I know the tricks of the trade and what to look out for -how to avoid a fake-and all that. I was never a victim of a scam, but, for all those who feel victimized, I share this to inspire you not to give up on these women. There's good and bad everywhere-and in some ways a scam victim feels the pain in the wallet. Money can be replaced. Thank you for reading my story and I hope God grants each of you a long life of love with your Filipina-we never know when the end will come.

My God!  I can't imagine the pain and turmoil of that.  I have been married to my lovely pinay for 33 years and to think of going through that (even though I know someday I will have to) is almost unbearable.  It may sound selfish, but I do hope to die first!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
Julia
Posted
Posted

:( :( :(

• Like 1

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

Both Steve and Mikes story remind me of my wife's painful passing. Too painful to get into details.