Circumnavigating Samar

Thomas
Posted
Posted

it imply's that we all sit around drinking

Ok, I will take your advice and try google. As for my tanduay comment, would all your members that do NOT drink, please give us a shout? I'm hearing crickets...........I'm not mentioning it to denigrate anyone...........if i live to 65 with a good portion of my life behind me; I beleive I will spend a bit more time sucking on a bottle. It's not a sin. 

Why start drinking when become old???    :)

You are corect, many of the old expats drink much, but they are in other forums     :)

I have never been drunk,

but 22 years ago I became a bit tipsy  :)  when I took two "confirmation drinks" when I did some business with two Polish businessmen to not offend them.

--

Back to your main question - Better avoid rain season. Concerning safety I would find it ok to travel at the south half myself,  I'm doubtful about NW, I don't know about North and NE parts.

Becky Bulasco
Posted
Posted

Thank you for your responses. After three pages of postings I know several of you are on the wagon, congratulations;  but am still mostly in the dark about the road around Samar. I guess a trip report will be in order once we get back. Cheers.

Jumper0155
Posted
Posted

Thank you for your responses. After three pages of postings I know several of you are on the wagon, congratulations;  but am still mostly in the dark about the road around Samar. I guess a trip report will be in order once we get back. Cheers.

Drive fast, take chances!

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted

Drive fast, take chances!

That's plainly rude / unpleasant.

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

That's plainly rude / unpleasant.

I was thinking the same thing :(.

Jumper0155
Posted
Posted (edited)
That's plainly rude / unpleasant

I was thinking the same thing

Maybe the saying has a different meaning on your side of the pond, but in the context that it meant; was to say "Go forth, explore and enjoy the experience". It was not intended to be mean spirited in any way. :unsure:  

Edited by Jumper0155
  • Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

Becky I believe you can make the trip around Samar without any problems.  As you can see most people here are afraid to try new things for many reasons so none have driven around Samar.  I would drive around Samar if I lived there but I live on Cebu Island which is a very nice drive.

PS: If the NPA bother you just tell them that I sent you.

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Becky I believe you can make the trip around Samar without any problems.  As you can see most people here are afraid to try new things for many reasons so none have driven around Samar.  I would drive around Samar if I lived there but I live on Cebu Island which is a very nice drive.

PS: If the NPA bother you just tell them that I sent you.

Some of my peers got temporarily accousted by the NPA last year. If they hassel you, just give them what they want and you will be fine. My peers were on the road after dusk, which I am sure contributed to them being stopped. I beleive if you only travel during the day you will be fine.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

A road report would not only be welcome and fun to read but helpful to others curious to visit Samar. I have heard that it is unspoiled and beautiful.

lin
Posted
Posted

Further to my last post, the following link is to a web site owned by an old friend Dutchpickle.  The places he hasn't visited are probably not worth visiting. 

http://www.dutchpickle.com/

Click on the Samar link.

• Like 1