How Often Do You Get Sick Here?

Travis
Posted
Posted

I have been in Cebu since February & I have caught more colds in the last few months than I seem to remember having for the last 20 years & I think that it could be the taxi drivers or maybe the pollution or maybe both. does anyone have any ideas on what is causing all these colds? I am afraid to catch that darned flu that is going around & I am starting to stay inside more now & that is no fun

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I have been in Cebu since February & I have caught more colds in the last few months than I seem to remember having for the last 20 years & I think that it could be the taxi drivers or maybe the pollution or maybe both. does anyone have any ideas on what is causing all these colds? I am afraid to catch that darned flu that is going around & I am starting to stay inside more now & that is no fun
I found that to be the case as well and I just suspect that it is all the sick taxi drivers, who have to work even if they have colds. I usually catch a cold or two and they are always mild but my wife and I take a lot of vitamins. Try vitamins and maybe that will help you too, and if you find out why please tell us here.

Mik
Posted
Posted

Wash your hands often and avoid touching your eyes or nose with unwashed hands. Could be you might be sensitive to pollen here? Maybe you will adjust to it. Malunggay leaves have lots of vitamins too. http://www.welcometothephilippines.com/for...?showtopic=1936

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
Are you sure it is a cold and not just a reaction to the pollen and junk in the air?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I visit Philippines once or twice a year for two to six weeks each visit. Often I get a bad head cold with sore throat. In the States it

TheMason
Posted
Posted
The same thing happened to me when I first got here, but after 3-4 months I stopped getting the runny nose and sore throat. In my case, I think it was a reaction to the pollution and different pollens in the air and not an actual sickness. I went back to the US after 7 months in the Philippines and suffered the same symptoms. The same thing always happened when I moved back and forth between India and US as well. I think its just my body adjusting to a different environment.I always carry hand sanitizer gel with me and use it regularly, especially when out in public, so I don't think its an actual cold or sickness that gets me.

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well, ever since I beat that AIDS thing (that was after my bout with TB but before the CLAP) I am not afraid of any pollen that Cebu might have to offer.... joke langHey, looks like the seat next to me is still available on my next flight to the Philippines... anyone ready for a return match? :AddEmoticons04230:

Edited by Mr. Lee

Travis
Posted
Posted

thank you hand sanitizer is a good idea I will try it & I sure hope these colds stop