Chinese Motorcycles?

i am bob
Posted
Posted

A guy staying in the same condo me during my last visit bought a TMX, a 2013 model, he had the brakes and shocks upgraded (he was about 6'2 and easily100kgs). He also had a trunk mounted on the back that was large enough to hold 2 helmets and he told me the out the door price from a Honda dealer in Mandaue was just over 70K; not a bad deal for a brand new bike.

I wonder how the bike fit the rider? I myself am 6' and weigh 235 lbs - and the TMX Supremo is the bike I have been leaning towards the most!

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)

He was fine on it and he had taken several long trips too; was not just using it for short trips or riding around the city. But as I said, he did put on different adjustable rear shocks and I suspect doing the same would benefit you too.

And you make a good point about the rider fitting the bike. But in the Phils it's usually the other way around from our case, often see guys, and sometimes ladies, who can't sit on a bike and have both feet flat (or even the balls of their feet) on the ground at the same time. Not very safe IMHO.

Edited by Gator
  • Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

I would prefer a little more wheelbase but my old school CB is virtually identical to a TMX. I'm 105 kilos with a 30 inch inseam and I can flat foot it. The shocks should be fine if you are alone, with an extra passenger an upgrade may be desirable. For the cost, front disc brakes would be a good upgrade. I think some people change the rear sprocket to get a little more speed but I wouldn't, it's not going to be legal on the high speed toll roads in any case and everywhere else the roads probably don't support that kind of speed. Those little engines will rev up anyway, wind resistance to limit speed and the stock airbox will keep the engine from blowing up. Honda does a good job of idiotproofing their products, of course R&D is always working to make a better idiot, but it works for most people. :)

• Like 2

sjp52
Posted
Posted (edited)

This is the bike I bought  

KAWASAKI Rouser 200

post-443-0-99061100-1410054188_thumb.jpg

Its a great little bike. Very quite and lots of power and speed. I paid 90,000 pesos brand new. Its sure was a change from my 1200 Sportster back in Canada

Edited by sjp52
  • Like 2

Gator
Posted
Posted

I would prefer a little more wheelbase

Can always chop & rake one like this guy did  :hystery: 

post-4514-0-49094600-1410086863.jpg

Came across it this morning just by coincidence while doing a bit of research (http://www.ayosdito.ph/TMX+155+modified-9169316-1.htm)

robert k
Posted
Posted

Gator, that's some nice work on that motorcycle but I see some problems. My @*$ would be sore in short order. I have a theory that God made a special dispensation so Filipinos could shave off all the seat cushion so they could get closer to the ground but still be able to ride it. :tiphat:

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

He was fine on it and he had taken several long trips too; was not just using it for short trips or riding around the city. But as I said, he did put on different adjustable rear shocks and I suspect doing the same would benefit you too.

And you make a good point about the rider fitting the bike. But in the Phils it's usually the other way around from our case, often see guys, and sometimes ladies, who can't sit on a bike and have both feet flat (or even the balls of their feet) on the ground at the same time. Not very safe IMHO.

You're right about that regarding rider's height to the bike.  I traded in an American size for this one and no

longer have that problem of my feet not touching ground:

post-686-0-12135700-1410100538_thumb.jpg

Don't laugh.....I can run the gauntlet of potholes, dog and carabao chit faster than your full size Ninja.....he, he.

I get no respect sometimes......Jake 

Edited by Jake
  • Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted

Gator, that's some nice work on that motorcycle but I see some problems. My @*$ would be sore in short order. I have a theory that God made a special dispensation so Filipinos could shave off all the seat cushion so they could get closer to the ground but still be able to ride it. :tiphat:

Beg to differ, but me thinks Jollibee's and rice 4-5 times a day had more to do with it then God. Eat like that often enough and soon you too will have enough of your own padding to not only shave the seat cushion, but to remove the seat entirely and ride directly on the frame :7_4_17[1]:  

Gator
Posted
Posted
Don't laugh.....I can run the gauntlet of potholes, dog and carabao chit faster than your full size Ninja.

Jake, when riding your new bike just remember the following formula: small wheels + high speed + large potholes = a$$ over teakettle. Yes, you can include me in your will, thank you very much in advance too :)

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted

Back on topic - well sort of - Haojue (partnered with Suzuki)  makes a nice looking 150cc bike. Just curious if anyone has any experience with the make / model? Any major differences to it's Suzuki counterpart?

post-4514-0-43885700-1410105443.jpg

http://en.haojue.com/products/styles_102_155_b155.htm

http://en.haojue.com/public/showInfo_101_106_110_i14.htm

http://en.haojue.com/products/styles_102_b155.htm

• Like 1