A Supportive Family

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I'm almost 57 and Myrlita is 60. How often do you see that here?

• Like 5

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I'm almost 57 and Myrlita is 60. How often do you see that here?

There are cougars here too???

I have seen that with Filipinos and once close with an American who was the same age as his wife.

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I am 60 and my significant other is 43. I have two daughters aged 31 and 28, the eldest was up for it pretty much straight away. However, my youngest was really not into the idea mainly for two reasons. Her own selfish feelings of wanting me to remain and also worry because of a previous relationship I had with a woman in Thailand. In that instance it was a relationship for over 3 years, with a lot of time in country, that started off great but descended into money and termination. I like to think that I got my diploma from WBU but without spending too much. My daughter is now coming round to the idea, possibly because she got married last year and is now pregnant so feels more secure in herself. Who knows, if that helped who I am I to argue.

• Like 3

John Mogusar
Posted
Posted

I am 60 and my significant other is 43. I have two daughters aged 31 and 28...

It took me awhile to figure out the math here...finally got it!

kazualteaze69
Posted
Posted

Im also full speed ahead.i never flew in airplane in my life and i said i jump out skydive.13500' i said it.i did it first time flying.so in telling my family my plans they think its crazy idea bit they know since i said im moving to phils they know im gping to do it..they are supportive..worried fpr me of course..im not sure if i csn ever get any to come there and visit..i believe they're not open minded and the whole world is bad in their minds..they believe its just so perfect here..i dont agree..its not often on life maybe evrn never that one might have such a strong desire..so go for it..my excitement for my first extended visit to phils has given me something i havent felt ever..when i was ypung i was afraid of roller coasters look at me now jumping out of planes and i love roller coasters now..hehe..im not gping to let any thing or anyone hold me back anymore.if this is your desire dont wprry about the jones..lol...tomorow is no garuantee.yesterday cannot be changed...today is up to you..do it :) i told my son long ago the object of life is to get through it with the least amount of regrets..we all make mistakes. Good luck

• Like 2

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

kazualteaze69, it sounds like this move is front and center on your bucket list and I hope it goes better than planned. I've had several extended visits there, but many established expats here have reminded those like me that reality sets in after 3-6 months and then you will know for sure if it's going to be "home". Full speed ahead and good luck!

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Along the lines of the bucket list, think of it this way.

When you are born, you are given a jar of marbles maybe 75. Every year, on your birthday, take out one marble. Now look at how many marbles are left. You know what happens when all the marbles are gone.

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

That's the nice thing about a bucket though... You can always fill it back up!

:D

Edited by I am bob
  • Like 1

barryneves
Posted
Posted

@ kazualteaze69: just go for it - it's your life and a lot of the negativity will in fact be driven by envy that you are taking a step that many would like to take but haven't the courage to push through with! I have a couple of expat friends in that situation, one here in the Phils and one back in the country I grew up in, Brazil! been here 10 years now, and no, its not all roses, but happy and no regrets. Good luck with the move!

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

That's the thing people forget... A place may be perfect for you but it won't be perfect for everybody... If it was, there wouldn't be room for us to get in there!

:D