A Supportive Family

kazualteaze69
Posted
Posted

Thats true bob...perfection..for me or you. Id say its just our personal accepted standard of life.fortunate for me.my perfection will be more along the lines of mental and emotioal standards..the comforts and qualites of material living are nice but not my priorties.willing to make sacrafices for change yes..i think maybe it is the many choices in so many ways that makes it adventurous and appealing there..when my feet touch the phils so will my eyes..lol ..winder how long until my mind adjust...so if someone could get me a puppy ill takr the ocassional rainbows...:)

Czechman
Posted
Posted

Most of my family including my 2 adult kids are very open to my plans living in the Phils and they say "Whatever makes you happy...do it!" However (there's always one isn't there??), I was totally flipped-out and laughed immensely when my Mother says, "Why do you want to go there?" "Aren't they all black?" "Why would you want to live with black people?" LMAO!!!

Ahhh, you see my mother is 81 years old and hasn't been anywhere outside of the US, except for the Bahamas for a few weeks (where of course the majority of the native people there are indeed, black). But I simply replied, "No, they aren't all black at all, and many of them fear being too dark-skinned, thus the umbrellas for one remedy (many of us here are aware of their issues with dark skin due to the media and other propaganda, right?), but truthfully, there all kinds of shades of Filipinos in the RP." And I further stated that it's actually much safer to live in many places in the Phils, unlike the Bahamas. She abruptly bit her tongue! LOL!

• Like 3