Pirates

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

My wife often travels on the "little boat" as she calls it from Zamboanga City to a province where her parents live,on Friday 2 of the little boats were captured by pirates and 3 people were killed and one boat captain injured. The pirates steal cell phones and money from the passengers.She believes that they would have been MILF or Abusayaf members.My point in this post is that we often hear of hold ups on buses or jeepneys but it can happen at sea as well. 1391.gif

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Oh yeah.... reminds me of a gun post last week. Wanna bet there would have been a different outcome if Lee was there and allowed to carry a gun? Pirates would not have expected any armed travelers or resistance.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
Oh yeah.... reminds me of a gun post last week. Wanna bet there would have been a different outcome if Lee was there and allowed to carry a gun? Pirates would not have expected any armed travelers or resistance.
Of course not that is why they rob and hijack with impunity. The UN should forbid any further ransom payments to these guys and merchant ships in the area should be armed or guarded. When it is not such easy pickings many of them will find some other way to make a living.