Non-Lethal Weapons For Self Protection

MikeB
Posted
Posted
What i was getting at is the false sense of security you may have by carrying pepper spray or a tazer .   A guy all wacked out on shabu is not even going to feel the pain .

I agree with everything else you said except this. A good blast of pepper spray in the face is going to put anyone in a world of pain they can't even imagine no matter what drugs they're on. But I agree it's false security, too many variables in using it. I carry it strictly for 4 legged animals, not 2. They don't know what it is until the spray hits them.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Yea, that's the problem with the spray, they never hit him full in the face and the wind diffused it so it's ineffective. It has to be sprayed directly in the face and that's hard to do. The stuff I have isn't a concentrated spray it comes out more as a liquid squirt. But I would never try it on a human. It's years past the expiration date but still very nasty stuff. Bought it in Waco, Texas, probably 10 years ago. 

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

The full link describes it as  police flashlight with built in tazer.  The link got shortened when I posted

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted
Are the airsoft guns legal here?
Yes they are! I have two of them!!! :thumbsup:

jpbago
Posted
Posted

This just appeared on my facebook feed.  I use lazada for checking mobile phone prices

http://www.lazada.com.ph/rechargeable-police-flashlight-with-stun-gun-taser-black-146673.html

Have you or anyone else used Lazada.com for a purchase with shipping within the Philippines?

northtoalaska
Posted
Posted

"

What i was getting at is the false sense of security you may have by carrying pepper spray or a tazer .

"

Its probably about equal to the false sense of security most people who carry a gun get from carrying a gun.

Unless you take the time to train yourself or are trained in "combat" use of a firearm the average joe who is packing could easily find that weapon next to useless or worse.

Being properly trained in the "combat" use of a firearm is far more complicated than shooting paper targets or bottles once a year. LEOs spend endless hours every year on this and they still, sometimes, get it wrong.

• Like 4

robert k
Posted
Posted

Jpbago, I have not used Lazada personally but I would, I have heard good things about them from a trusted source. I don't think I would buy that stungun though. I bet Lazada would get it to you quickly and they do business COD!

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

My best Stun Gun is rated at 19 million volts. Just the sound of it arcing causes shock and terror in most people and dogs run away and don't come back for hours.  I have been trying to find a volunteer to let me test it on them but haven't found one yet. Any of you nonbelievers in it effectiveness want to see how manly you are?