Non-Lethal Weapons For Self Protection

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

How about paint-ball guns?  The good ones can be adjusted to high pressure and they hurt like hell even before an adjustment.  Besides I want to bring a couple just for fun.  Also what size knives are legal?  Cross bows?  Machette?  slingshot? Spears?

I thought Stun guns were illegal.

Not sure if you can have your own paint ball guns but there are places to play, http://www.weboss.ph/ As a weapon I personally think its not such a good idea. Stun guns are available to purchase and as far as I know have no restrictions.

Spears, every foreigner I know in the Philippines has at least one, some have a collection and perhaps the Americans have the most. Some even have a set in their cars. As for a weapon I doubt if a Britney Spears CD would be of much help.

Now do you intend to bring all these items in your carry on or checked luggage?   :)

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Oh yeah, Can my Philipina wife who is a dual citizen purchase a handgun?

Can not see why not but if you use it to shoot someone then you have broken the law.

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

I really wouldn't mind having something here at the apartment. A baton and a butterfly knife would be good.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I really wouldn't mind having something here at the apartment. A baton and a butterfly knife would be good.

post-2148-0-74555200-1438254761_thumb.jp LOL Any good?

JP :rolleyes:

• Like 1

tohopko
Posted
Posted

Jollygoodfellow,  I won't bring anything in except the paintball guns and they will go US to PI shipper like Atlas or whoever the wife contracted with.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
LOL Any good?

Don't know about a desperate criminal Jack, but I bet they will keep your brothers in law away from your beer :cheersty:

• Like 1

tohopko
Posted
Posted

Are Shotguns also a no-no for non citizens?  And how about BB & Pellet guns?

I sure apprecialt learning so much before I get there.  Thanks.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted (edited)
And how about BB & Pellet guns?

Toh ill let the legal begals comment on the law aspect, but IMO if you live in the province and just use it to plink at lizards in the yard and such I would say ok.

Edited by scott h

Ynot
Posted
Posted

Sounds like you need to pick a better area to live!

• Like 2