Wood Carvings

Michael
Posted
Posted

Is there a place other than the malls in Cebu City that have nice wood carvings? I was looking for some cheaper than the mall.

Travis
Posted
Posted (edited)
Is there a place other than the malls in Cebu City that have nice wood carvings? I was looking for some cheaper than the mall.
I have seen some in the Colon area & even wood furniture makers, sorry I cannot tell you exactly where cuz I just walk around when I am there Edited by Traveler

• 8 months later...
tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

If you visit colon for looking ask prices and get the names of the things you want to buy.. then send someone local and you will find things are a lot cheaper thumbs-up-smile.gif this could be classed as racial overpricing but then again my wife's uncle wanted quality guitars before and sent his brother as he himself stands out as an OFW as well as his wife being from Manila.

softail
Posted
Posted

I took the trip to the Banaue rice terraces on Luzon a few years ago. The whole area was rich with really nice quality wood carvings. I have a feeling that is where alot of the carvings that are available in the stores come from. Doug and Sally

johnb
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm guessing that the OP may not be around anymore there post was dated 9th June 09, in case anyone else is interested I did see a guy selling wood carvings at Osmena Circle, he was at the base of the walk over bridge Mercury drug side, not Robinson side, I didn't stop to look as I hate being hassled but what I saw seemed nice, John

Edited by johnb

Jake
Posted
Posted

http://www.modelbuffs.com/I was very much impressed with the Filipino craftsmanship regarding wood carvings. In this particular skill,please visit the above website, which is located in Angeles City (near the former Clark AFB). If you're intomilitary ships and aircrafts, you will be surprise how much detail goes into each model that is hand carvedfrom Philippine mahogany. For example (this one for you Boss Man): http://www.modelbuff...jet&id=413&no=1This wooden model is a F-18 Hornet with Kangaroo markings -- unbelievable craftsmanship! Respectfully -- Jake