Embassy Employee(F.b.i.agent) Mauled For Minor Traffic

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

seems that even the most observation driver can have a minor traffic issue,

what i guess saved this Agents butt, was his embassy credentials  

An FBI agent was mauled by five men wielding shotguns last Monday night in Pasay City, police said.

Sr. Supt. Melchor Reyes, chief of Pasay police,

identified the FBI agent as Lamont Siler.

Reyes said the incident happened around 7:02 p.m. at an overpass along Roxas Boulevard right after the Cultural Center of the Philippines, where Siler was inside his car, when his side mirror accidentally scratched a black Toyota Fortuner with plate number YF-8560 beside him.

Two sports utility vehicles immediately blocked him.

At least five men pulled Siler out of his car and punched him in the stomach.

Siler said the gunmen initially took his US Embassy badge and driver’s license,

but they returned it after mauling him.

Reyes said they are now in the process of tracking down the vehicle of the suspects. PNA

http://www.manilatimes.net/breaking_news/fbi-agent-mauled-pasay-city/

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Another reason to have a dash cam, I guess.  

robert k
Posted
Posted

What was an FBI agent doing driving so close to another vehicle ? We only have one side of the story and we all know how stories change as they develop. :no: 

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

What was an FBI agent doing driving so close to another vehicle ? We only have one side of the story and we all know how stories change as they develop. :no: 

the area he was driving is about 2-3 miles south of the embassy.

is approximate at STAR CITY. /Naval HQ Philippine navy.  

starting at 5pm-520pm to 8-9pm ...the traffic is......well TERRIBLE especially at those intersections

I would have more faith in the agents/embassy employees word than men with shotguns.

..again the news doesnt always follow up on such stories,

I posted this story to show that even those who are"well trained" and

who know the risk

that it  can happen to them, I am glad that he was not hurt , maybe his pride 

1 might ask, why is a FBI agent stationed at the embassy or here in the country?

i can answer that the FBI has officers(agents) as a LEGAL ATTACHE 

they are stationed thru out the world, 

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn

Americano
Posted
Posted

Maybe we need more than one cam because if they approach from the back or left side then a Dash Cam will not help you. Well, maybe you could get some audio.

Americano
Posted
Posted

When did punching someone in the stomach become mauling?  The Philippines really needs to get some Western English teachers to teach them correct English so they don't sound uneducated.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Another reason to not drive in the Philippines. Likely they would have used your dash cam as a clay pigeon.

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/378878/news/metromanila/pasay-police-to-meet-with-us-embassy-on-ex-cop-who-punched-fbi-agent

Pasay City police and representatives from the United States Embassy will meet Friday afternoon to discuss the filing of a case against a retired police colonel accused of punching a Federal Bureau of Investigation special agent.

Chief Inspector Joey Goforth, head of the Pasay police's Criminal Investigation and Detection Unit, said they expect to get more details from the US Embassy on the incident, radio dzBB's Manny Vargas reported.

Goforth said they are considering charges of grave abuse of authority against the former policeman, identified as retired Senior Superintendent Odelon Ramoneda.

Ramoneda presently owns a SECURITY AGENCYarrow-10x10.png, the dzBB report said.

An initial investigation showed Ramoneda punched FBI special agent Lamont Siler following a vehicular ACCIDENTarrow-10x10.png in Pasay City Monday night.

Siler reportedly recognized Ramoneda as one of his five attackers.

The incident occurred when the side mirror of Siler's car accidentally hit and left scratches on a Fortuner sport-utility vehicle.

After that, two other SUVSarrow-10x10.png blocked his path and several armed men got out and dragged Siler out of the car at gunpoint

Americano
Posted
Posted

"Goforth said they are considering charges of grave abuse of authority against the former policeman, identified as retired Senior Superintendent Odelon Ramoneda." 

This sounds like a sure way to loose a court case since Ramoneda is not a policeman.  He was a policeman in the past but not now.  How can it be an abuse of authority when Ramoneda doesn't have any authority?   He's a citizen like everyone else who has no authority.  More ignorance?  What about assault, illegal detention and harassment changes?   Wouldn't those be more appropriate and could hold up in court?

Alby
Posted
Posted

The gunmen must have been Ramoneda body guards.

Ops! Ramoneda is retired and has no authority. Really? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk