Cebu For 4 Nights - Well Mactan Anyway

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi guys,

Anyone recommend any decent motels on Mactan?  I'd like to keep it at about 1500php/night if possible and there will be 2 of us. 2 nights on the way to Bohol, 10 days in Bohol, then 2 nights back in Mactan before returning to Aust.  The Bohol leg of the trip is sorted, staying at the Regents Park http://www.regentsparkresort.com/

Checked all the usual websites, Agoda, Wotif etc but some on the ground experience and advice would be appreciated.  

Funnily enough it's one of those friends of a friend from FB I was in denial about in another post.  Apparently we've met in the past but that part is fuzzy  :cheersty:

Edited by BrettGC

pokermike
Posted
Posted

Please tell me if you find something decent. I just stayed at Movenpick it was close to 16,000 pesos per night. It was great but that is a little pricey.  Thanks Pokermike

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi guys,

Anyone recommend any decent motels on Mactan?  I'd like to keep it at about 1500php/night if possible and there will be 2 of us. 2 nights on the way to Bohol, 10 days in Bohol, then 2 nights back in Mactan before returning to Aust.  The Bohol leg of the trip is sorted, staying at the Regents Park http://www.regentsparkresort.com/

Checked all the usual websites, Agoda, Wotif etc but some on the ground experience and advice would be appreciated.  

Funnily enough it's one of those friends of a friend from FB I was in denial about in another post.  Apparently we've met in the past but that part is fuzzy  :cheersty:

Hey Chief Warrant Officer Brett,

It sounds like you're fully recovered and anxious to explore new territories?   We want a full report

at the end of your deployment -- all the nooks and crannies, the nastier the better.....he, he.  

Have fun but watch your six sailor, respectfully -- your dedicated able body semen, Jake  

Edited by Jake
spil ckeh
  • Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)
Hey Chief Warrant Officer Brett,   It sounds like you're fully recovered and anxious to explore new territories?   We want a full report at the end of your deployment -- all the nooks and crannies, the nastier the better.....he, he.     Have fun but watch your six sailor, respectfully -- your dedicated able body semen, Jake  

Master Chief, full report in standardised format with statistical data and approved graphics will be forthcoming post-deployment!

This trip was already booked but yeah, there's been some new developments  :lol:

Meeting the lady in Cebu, then off to Alona Beach on my lonesome to just chill for a bit.  

Always watching aft, but thanks you old tadpole.

Brett

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Why not go into the city for the two nights?

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yeah, flight arrives at 1pm so that is an option.  Never been to Cebu, always flew direct from Manila to Duma, how long does it take?

Edited by BrettGC

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Yeah, flight arrives at 1pm so that is an option.  Never been to Cebu, always flew direct from Manila to Duma, how long does it take?

Been some time since I've been there but should be less than 30 minutes depending on traffic. Much more hotel options and places to go. Restaurants etc.

• Like 1

kaengphetpetyang
Posted
Posted

Lapu Lapu is a city. Of pretty much equal weight, to any other city in metro Cebu. If I was staying in Mactan/Lapu Lapu I'd probably make it the MB Garden Inn http://www.mbs.ph/rooms.html where their rooms for under 1000 are pretty good. They do motorbike hire as well. However I have to tell you that Lapu Lapu city, is not to everybody's taste. I have gotten used to it but I would not say that I particularly like it. Which makes it pretty much like the rest of metro Cebu for me.

but metro Cebu is not so big. It is not like Manila and you are always an inexpensive meter taxi ride from any two points, within it. You can stay anywhere you want really. I could suggest a dozen places each under 1200. You might consider the Metro Park Hotel http://metroparkhotelcebu.com/location if you don't want to spend an arm and a leg. The Metro Park is one of the best deals for a hotel room with a pool you will find anywhere in the country, and EASILY the best in Cebu. Next best, for room with a pool is the Villa Teresita on the outskirts of Talisay at 1300 for aircon room with cable tv and also an alleged breakfast http://villateresita.weebly.com/accomodations.html this a resort with five swimming pools, it is well in the southern section of Cebu city however so what, Cebu city is not big. It is still only 300 pesos in a taxi to and from the airport.

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Aircon and hot water I should have mentioned in my initial post so thanks for the info Kaengphetpetyang, it does give me a bit of perspective on what to expect.  

• Like 1

kaengphetpetyang
Posted
Posted

as far as I know each of those places I posted has hot water and I would not mention anywhere without aircon, given that is Cebu city. Even i would want aircon in Cebu city, although in the province I do not need aircon and do not see why I should have to pay for something I do not need.  In the city, I do need aircon though. As for hot water, that can be hit and miss even in expensive hotels sometimes. You have no real business being in the Philippines at all, if you insist on hot water all the time. You're only going to be regularly disappointed if you do.

why do you want two nights in Cebu city on the way to Bohol, and then another two nights, in Cebu city on the way back? The city has not much of interest really, especially when you are a couple.

sometimes a woman may not have been to Cebu city before, in which case they might be curious/interested to see it. But even if they are curious/interested, a quick look round Sta. Nino church is likely all they will be interested in. I have met several from other cities in the Visayas that wanted to visit Santa Nino church, that is one place important to the Philippines as a whole, and which every Filipino has heard of. Sure there is malls in Cebu, but none of them are anything like the Mall of Asia or anything like that. Cebu city malls are not any or much different to malls of other Visayan cities of comparable size. And in any case who wants to look round a mall on a vacation anyway?

if your friend has relatives in Cebu city, which millions of people from the Visayas have with it being the regional capital, they might want to see them then. Once I passed through Cebu with a girl from Bacolod and she had a bunch of rellies in Cebu. They were all from Negros Occidental and had gone to Cebu years before, to find work. One sister, one brother, and about three cousins. We, or rather I, just rented a videoke room for a few hours during which time we all had a bit of a laugh, a feed, drink and a sing, and enabled them all to catch up with one another. That is what they really want. They are not so bothered about looking round Magellan's cross, or some shopping mall.

depending upon your time of arrival, you could get a taxi directly from the airport to the port, to get the ferry for Bohol without bothering to overnight in Cebu city at all. And just have two nights on the way or the way back rather than four nights in total. Cebu city is not big, so you can stay anywhere but if you want to be quite near to the port, then downtown Colon area is most convenient for the port and it is also within walking distance of Magellan's Cross and the Basilica del Santa Nino church.

• Like 1