Cebu For 4 Nights - Well Mactan Anyway

Gator
Posted
Posted

Brett, don't know if this will help you or just confuse you even more, lol:

http://www.ilink.ph/cebu-cheap-hotels

Pretty comprehensive list with mostly up to date pricing and reviews, but oddly the Metro Park is not on it (but shows up if you search it).

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)
You have no real business being in the Philippines at all, if you insist on hot water all the time.

Ahh, see that's where we differ, and sweeping statements like that will get you no where with me. You don't know my history as many of the long-timers here do, but suffice it to say, the house I renovated in Guihulngan City had hot water, filtered water tanks, and solar panels feeding into deep cycle batteries by the time I'd finished with it. Recent personal circumstances aside, I was perfectly happy in the deepest, darkest of the provinces.  

Don't judge people's standards by your own, you'll come a cropper every time. 

As for Cebu, never been there, I'll be catching up with a few friends (looks pointedly at M Mike and Frosty (Chris) and others not on this forum) and as a direct route to Bohol it avoids Manila (which I'm not a fan of).

Thanks for the advice, and on the motels it was good, but please don't assume that any of us here have no experience in our beloved, but eternally frustrating Philippines.  Get back in your box lad.

Respectfully,

Brett

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 2

kaengphetpetyang
Posted
Posted

my place in Lugait, I did not even bother with running water, never mind hot water, because I reckoned I didn't need it. Hot water, well I have not only ever come across any Filipino that ever thought it was all that important. Even running water, I didn't need it when I realised how much I would have to shell out for it, to get it. There was a standpipe meters away and I just had some lad keep me supplied with water for bathing and washing up the dishes.

as for hotels, well you can pay 2000 for somewhere and the hot water is sh**, but by a total fluke, 575 somewhere else where you nearly get scalded to death when you turn on the shower.

Jake
Posted
Posted

You have no real business being in the Philippines at all, if you insist on hot water all the time.

Ahh, see that's where we differ, and sweeping statements like that will get you no where with me. You don't know my history as many of the long-timers here do, but suffice it to say, the house I renovated in Guihulngan City had hot water, filtered water tanks, and solar panels feeding into deep cycle batteries by the time I'd finished with it. Recent personal circumstances aside, I was perfectly happy in the deepest, darkest of the provinces.  

As for Cebu, never been there, I'll be catching up with a few friends (looks pointedly at M Mike and Frosty (Chris) and others not on this forum) and as a direct route to Bohol it avoids Manila (which I'm not a fan of).

Thanks for the advice, and on the motels it was good, but please don't assume that any of us here have no experience in our beloved, but eternally frustrating Philippines.  Get back in your box lad.

Respectfully,

Brett

Triple LIKE Brett!

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Brett you seem to have pretty good advice on hotels but i shall add one anyway.

After living over 3 years in Cebu I know he city some what. When visiting (As little as poss) we always stay Fuente Aura, no swimming pool but wonderful staff, good breki, and they reply to bookings. The staff and owner are extremely helpful which can make a difference to someone unfamiliar with the city.

personally would not spend to much time in Cebu or Mactan, both re snarled up with traffic and pollouted.

perhaps a trip up Busay area would be nice, tops, or Mr A both well known and nice views of the city. On the way there are small eateries (no charges) also offering amazing views.

A taxi or van can be hired by hour making it cheaper.

Alaya mall during the week would be worth a visit.

I live not so far from Guihulngan  and sure appreciate why you enjoyed living  there.

Feel free to PM me if you want a hand with booking or anything I maybe able to assist with.

Bruce

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Well I am in Cebu proper - so not really what you are asking......  but just a word of warning.  I am at the Mango Park hotel.  First impression was positive,  big rooms, separate bath tub & shower stall, inexpensive.  Then the roaches!  I have never EVER been in a hotel with this many roaches.  And I have stayed in some real sh&thole hotels.  I will be buying some Baygon today for sure ha ha   :tiphat:

• Like 2

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Brett, how you doin, From the airport to Cebu, will take you about 45minutes and I would guess 250-300 pesos, depending which taxi you take, white ones are cheaper, yellow airport taxi's cost more but are newer, you can get either as you walk out from the arrival gate.I would take the yellow one myself. As for Cebu, it's dirty, busy, over crowded, but I like it, you really need a guide coz it all over the place, most expats gravitate to the big malls, ok for a feed and a look but a mall is a mall. Let me know when you are coming, we can meet for a grog. Maybe a night down at Mango would do the trick for you, seeing you are old navy, lots of pretty ladyboys there :hystery:

Too add, I would stay out of Mactan, the road works are still ongoing and it's a right bloody disaster. If you stay around SM Mall, the cost of a taxi to the pier for the fast cat to Bohol, probably around 150-180 pesos and a 15-20 min trip, depending on the day and time. I have found for some reason monday and friday during the week are always busy, the other w/days are relatively quiet.

Edited by frosty (chris)
  • Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
Maybe a night down at Mango would do the trick for you, seeing you are old navy, lots of pretty ladyboys there

Hahahahahahaha.  A man knows what a man wants!

It's not until February Chris, but I'll be in touch closer to the date.  

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Maybe a night down at Mango would do the trick for you, seeing you are old navy, lots of pretty ladyboys there

Hahahahahahaha.  A man knows what a man wants!

It's not until February Chris, but I'll be in touch closer to the date.  

A man might no what he wants but sometimes he gets the surprise pack. Always up for a meet and M.M might be around by then too, but will probably be moving in the New Year to the other side of Cebu but not too far away. Let me know when

• Like 1

Markham
Posted
Posted

Respectfully,

Brett

Triple LIKE Brett!

Shades of Whippy ....

• Like 3