Do You Catch A Cold/flu More Often In The Philippines Than Your Home Country?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Another thing to consider is that our immune systems are acclimated for the regions we all came from. When we moved here to Bacolod, I was sick almost every month for awhile. Our bodies do not have the built up immunities that Filipinos have here genetically from birth passed to them by their parents and grandparents. Food for thought.

Double like.  I feel the same way

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

I just get the man flu when i get of the plane back in England, all those germs mixed from everyone for hours on end

Very common.

My brother arrived for a short holiday, spent the first half of his time recovering from sinus and a cold.

Since leaving Cebu and now breathing fresh air I am never sick....as previously said ......touch wood. It's certain though air quality makes a huge difference.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
Have you had the same experience?

Completely opposite!  I have hardly been sick since I got here (ok...that 2 weeks after the hotdog.... bad days... but understandable - but I still love street food!)

However, you must consider that in the US I worked in the jails, then the schools (not much difference) for the last 20 years.  Everyone stayed sick with all that bad air  ha ha.   I thought I would get sick from the clean air here.   I don't trust air I cannot see - so Dallas, TX was perfect for me!  If I get the sniffles here it is just for a day or two.  In the US I seemed to stay congested.   :tiphat:

• Like 3

Americano
Posted
Posted

Its just common sense that if you travel, especially international travel, or if you live in a tourist area you will be exposed to cold and flu germs not only from where you live but also the germs the travelers bring with them.

I believe Baguio is a tourist destination so that would explain more colds and flu there.

Is anyone interested in learning how to prevent colds and flu?  Drinking lots of fruit juices like you have always heard is not the answer.  I will share my knowledge and experience with those who are really interested but I don't wont to post it here where it could be ridiculed and because if someone wants to try it I want to know if their results were as good as mine.  Sharing with you will be free and there's nothing to buy. By the way, I have known about this since 1985 but have never written about it and only told a very few people. I need to type the story so its easy to share.

• Like 1