How To Plan For An Unexpected Medical Emergency

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, TimL said:

Excluded from their entitlements, however, are the Z Benefit packages

I cannot find that quote regarding foreigners.  Can you screenshot it?  I can find:

"All eligible Phi!Health members are qualified to avail the Z Benefit Packages. "

That is At this link.   (pg 4 of 16) but I do not see where foreigners are excluded.  Is this a new thing?  Many filipinos will tell foreigners they do not qualify because it is only for filipinos but they are generally talking out of their ass.  Not saying you are, but I would like to find out more solid info.

TimL
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I cannot find that quote regarding foreigners.  Can you screenshot it?  I can find:

"All eligible Phi!Health members are qualified to avail the Z Benefit Packages. "

That is At this link.   (pg 4 of 16) but I do not see where foreigners are excluded.  Is this a new thing?  Many filipinos will tell foreigners they do not qualify because it is only for filipinos but they are generally talking out of their ass.  Not saying you are, but I would like to find out more solid info.

Dave,

Next to last paragraph  

https://www.philhealth.gov.ph/news/2017/expands_coverage.html

• Thanks 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Z packs is what I was thinking of but couldn't think of the name at the time. I suspect many filipinos are not aware of them either. I don't know if it was a coincidence but a well known foreigner in Davao used several million pesos on it shortly before it was removed.

RubberChicken
Posted
Posted (edited)

My question is now in context to the last few posts. My wife just paid Phil Health and says the P2400 covers husband dependent. She is a smarty and all but I would like to show her it is P17000 with the scenario of a foreign husband. I will get to sources or links and report back if I find anything. Too occupied now. Probably exactly the same as single but I want to verify. Probably bad information given to her re: P2400 vs P17K.

Wonderful topic. Just one thing. I am a planner. It was very defeating to find a (wealthy no less) foreigner recently could not get his elderly wife into four different hospitals in Cebu. No beds. I don’t think he is crazy or anything. He is also a Dr., but retired.

Point is how do you ever plan for that. Ughhh. Can’t plan for everything, I know.

Edited by RubberChicken
typo

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, RubberChicken said:

My question is now in context to the last few posts. My wife just paid Phil Health and says the P2400 covers husband dependent. She is a smarty and all but I would like to show her it is P17000 with the scenario of a foreign husband. I will get to sources or links and report back if I find anything. Too occupied now. Probably exactly the same as single but I want to verify. Probably bad information given to her re: P2400 vs P17K.

I believe that changed three or four years ago. Unless the husband was registered as a dependent prior to the change in rules, a filipina wife can no longer register a foreign husband as a dependent at the cheaper rate. In that case the 17k pesos annual fee applies. 

Unfortunately I missed the cut off period so have to pay the 17k pesos. 

Still not bad value IMHO.

fototek1
Posted
Posted

For those of you in Cebu, I am friends with 6 doctors that work at Cebu doctors and they have had great training. I am also friends with Doctors that did their residency at Cebu doctors and now practice in big city hospitals in the US. There are also some very good hospitals in Luzon. Last year I spent some time in a new hospital in Bulacan. I was treated better than the filipinos and felt I got similar treatment to that I have had in the US.  

• Like 1