Noisy Neighbours

jpbago
Posted
Posted
Actually, what I thought of doing was the same! That's open my front door and play Beethoven loudly then wait it out

That would not bother them. Many have poor hearing due to motorcycle wind with no helmets, loud music, and cleaning their ears with bobby pins. They sleep on the edge of the highway and everywhere with no problem.

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I have a Filipino friend in Cagayan de Oro who is thinking of selling up and moving house because of noise, having done everything else starting with asking nicely and ending with complaints to local government, so this is not a "foreigner - Filipino" thing.

Wish I could offer some constructive advice.

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

Within the last few months I read 2 news articles which involved only Filipinos.  In both cases a neighbor complained about a neighbor's loud music late at night and both men who complained were murdered by the man who was playing the loud music.  In the last case the man who complained did so because he couldn't sleep and needed to work the next day.  After the loud music stopped he went to sleep.  The man playing the loud music came into his house and shot him while he was sleeping.  The man was arrested for murder.  The wife of the murderer said their neighbor didn't have any right to complain about their loud music because he doesn't pay their electric bill.  What kind of screw up think is that?  Makes me think do I really want to live in this country if that's the way Filipinos think and act?

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Within the last few months I read 2 news articles which involved only Filipinos.  In both cases a neighbor complained about a neighbor's loud music late at night and both men who complained were murdered by the man who was playing the loud music.  In the last case the man who complained did so because he couldn't sleep and needed to work the next day.  After the loud music stopped he went to sleep.  The man playing the loud music came into his house and shot him while he was sleeping.  The man was arrested for murder.  The wife of the murderer said their neighbor didn't have any right to complain about their loud music because he doesn't pay their electric bill.  What kind of screw up think is that?  Makes me think do I really want to live in this country if that's the way Filipinos think and act?

Wow!

The ability of some (not all) Filipinos to apply a perverted logic to any situation in order to satisfy themselves that they are the injured party in any dispute should never be under estimated.

Nor, of course, should their ability to brood on a grievance... waiting until the man was asleep and then shooting him...

• Like 1

davewe
Posted
Posted (edited)

Wow!

The ability of some (not all) Filipinos to apply a perverted logic to any situation in order to satisfy themselves that they are the injured party in any dispute should never be under estimated.

Nor, of course, should their ability to brood on a grievance... waiting until the man was asleep and then shooting him...

Yes, but the irony is that this is not a Filipino thing - the OP's neighbor is Canadian!

To the OP - just offer the guy a case of Molson if he'd keep quiet. And make sure you throw in plenty of "ehs" in your conversation :)

Edited by davewe

robert k
Posted
Posted

The "neighbor" paying the bill is Canadian, the actual day to day residents are Filipino, if I read correctly, the Canadian and his wife are seldom there. Makes me wonder if the foreigner did rent some place just to stash noisy inlaws far from him?

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

How can this be happening in a country of shy, polite, educated people?

Alby
Posted
Posted

... What kind of screw up think is that? Makes me think do I really want to live in this country if that's the way Filipinos think and act?

It's called Make Believe :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBM
Posted
Posted

The "neighbor" paying the bill is Canadian, the actual day to day residents are Filipino, if I read correctly, the Canadian and his wife are seldom there. Makes me wonder if the foreigner did rent some place just to stash noisy inlaws far from him?

Yes Robert K you read correctly. And yes it is the in laws.

In the period of two plus months he has there once that I know of. Just over night. At this time there was no problem.

The post of Americano really highlights of what can be lurking.....

My plan is to speak to the people as nicely as I can together with GF. If that does not work long term just cut the losses and move on.

Some of these (not all) people whom  have not had the advantages of education can be quite self centered and not able understand just basic common sense or logic.

Last thing I need is get into a battle situation.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Not all Filipinos are thoughtless. Not all Foreigners are sexpats.

• Like 4