Two Swiss Nationals Gunned Down In Resort: Philippines

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Not really much info here?  :(

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY – Two Swiss tourists were killed in an attack Sunday in the restive region of Mindanao in the southern Philippines, reports said.

Television network ABS-CBN reported that two gunmen fatally shot Robert Erick Loever and Baltazar Johann Erni at the Yasay Beach Resort in the town of Opol in Misamis Oriental province north of Mindanao.

The motive of the killings was unclear, but the foreigners were with two Filipina companions, one of them was the Loever’s girlfriend. 

The report said the two men were killed instantly from the attack. The two women were unscathed from the shootings. The assailants escaped after the attack. 

The report provided no other details and police could not be immediately contacted for additional information of the twin murders.

Americano
Posted
Posted

As I was reading the story I was thinking, I bet the Filipinas were not killed.  This is usually the case in almost every murder of a foreigner in the Philippines.  The two women should be considered as suspects until they are cleared by an investigation.  The investigators need to find out who will get money from the men after their death.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY – Two Swiss tourists were killed in an attack Sunday in the restive region of Mindanao in the southern Philippines, reports said.

Television network ABS-CBN reported that two gunmen fatally shot Robert Erick Loever and Baltazar Johann Erni at the Yasay Beach Resort in the town of Opol in Misamis Oriental province north of Mindanao.

The motive of the killings was unclear, but the foreigners were with two Filipina companions, one of them was the Loever’s girlfriend. 

The report said the two men were killed instantly from the attack. The two women were unscathed from the shootings. The assailants escaped after the attack. 

The report provided no other details and police could not be immediately contacted for additional information of the twin murders.

read on another news site, that 1 woman whose bf was killed was 5months pregnant. . the bf was 67yo

could these 2 women be cousins of Jane?

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

And some people claim that Colombia is dangerous. 

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

Opol? Why don't we call it Cagayan de Oro?

There were three gunmen and the two women saw their faces:

http://www.interaksyon.com/article/96722/2-swiss-men-gunned-down-in-misamis-oriental-resort

I would rather not hazard a guess at what may have happened, at this stage.CdO is not the Back of Beyond; it is a quite sophisticated city, so more information will certainly be forthcoming. 

It's just up the road - about seven miles along the coast, from CdO . View of the beach from Google Maps here:, 

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Opol,+Misamis+Oriental,+Philippines/@8.517942,124.585988,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m5!1e2!3m3!1s91493617!2e1!3e10!4m2!3m1!1s0x32ff8a79d6bd3555:0xc3f03325b1474eb9!6m1!1e1

Edited by Methersgate

jpbago
Posted
Posted

What a shame for these two guys at their ages after living that long and likely having worked for 35 years, to die for nothing. There will be no investigation unless their families come here asap to file charges. I suspect that as much money as possible is already gone.

• Like 2

dick mammoth
Posted
Posted

isnt this the same beach michael turner and his gf were shot and killed at.

Again robbery was not a motive in either case

Methersgate
Posted
sjp52
Posted
Posted

Ive been to that beach many times.   It seemed peaceful enough.   I think these killings can happen anywhere.   i didnt realize it but I think its legal for Filipinos to shoot Foreigners. I have never heard of one being caught or convicted of all the Foreigner killings I have heard of.

Its been open season on Foreigners for quite a few years now.   Think about it,    A foreigner has lots of money, Is not allowed to have a gun and when he is killed the cops can never seem to catch the killers.   Pretty nice target for any Filipino with a gun and bad thoughts.  

A few years ago I think it was a Japanese man and his Filipina girlfriend stopped on the side of the road to enjoy the view, Two Filipinos on a bike pulled up to them and pulled out a gun and said give me your wallet or Ill kill you. The Japanese guy gave them his wallet and they shot him in the head. Now why shoot the Foreigner and let the Filipina live. Because you can shoot the Foreigner and most wont care but if you shoot the Filipina well thats a different story.   The Filipinos were both wearing masks.  This happened right out front of my subdivision.

I was having lunch about 4 months ago at the hotel right beside that beach where the two Swiss guys were killed.  A kid drowned in their pool. They got him out of that pool in about a minute and took him away and about another minute every one was playing in the pool and laughing like nothing had even happened. Life is cheap in the Philippines

• Like 3