Watching Helplessly As Death Slowly Takes A 4 Year Old Girl

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I applaud your efforts Bruce, bravo!

Unfortunately what you describe is an all to common problem, especially if the parents are substance abusers and they only see their children as a means to obtain goods and cash. Is there any help available thru the church?

No church help as there are many like this and the church is profit motivated. Time will tell how she does.

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I wish I could say something useful.

There must be a reason why the parents are committed to being professional beggars, and it may be that they are subject to some larger criminal gang who take a cut of what they make. Are the parents addicted to drugs? That would not be unusual and it might be a reason for them to be deprived of custody.

No drugs, but the mother is a drunk and gambles every when she has a few pesos. Father is a lazy man who does as little as possible.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Nice to see you back Bruce  but this story is crushing my hope for humanity   .  maybe we can rent her from the family long term and leave her in your care ? a monthly payment to them to let her stay ?  

Or a island far enough away to keep them from grabbing her when your back is turned . I will send cash for this little girl because this story breaks my heart . 

Well as I travel in and out of the Philippines, I have watched this girl turn from a simple happy child into the emotionally dead child she is now. Long term, I believe she has been damaged and her potential in life, what ever that may have been, is lost.

Depending on the final TB test results, I have control, via Pam and the charity of her current health crisis. However, unless the parents give her up, this is just one of many health crises to come in the future. If you look at the 2nd set of pictures that Jollygoodfellow posted, you see a blank hollow stare from the girl. She is 4 and would normally start school in 2 years. That is questionable now even assuming she gets pas this current health issue.

She has never had anything but rice and fish to eat except for meals provided by the charity. This is no way to have a child properly develop physically and mentally.

So, we will have to see what happen now.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Nice to see you back Bruce  but this story is crushing my hope for humanity   .  maybe we can rent her from the family long term and leave her in your care ? a monthly payment to them to let her stay ?  

Or a island far enough away to keep them from grabbing her when your back is turned . I will send cash for this little girl because this story breaks my heart .

Well as I travel in and out of the Philippines, I have watched this girl turn from a simple happy child into the emotionally dead child she is now. Long term, I believe she has been damaged and her potential in life, what ever that may have been, is lost.

Depending on the final TB test results, I have control, via Pam and the charity of her current health crisis. However, unless the parents give her up, this is just one of many health crises to come in the future. If you look at the 2nd set of pictures that Jollygoodfellow posted, you see a blank hollow stare from the girl. She is 4 and would normally start school in 2 years. That is questionable now even assuming she gets pas this current health issue.

She has never had anything but rice and fish to eat except for meals provided by the charity. This is no way to have a child properly develop physically and mentally.

So, we will have to see what happen now.

Tragic story, enough to break anyone's heart.

If there is a way to separate this little girl from her parents there would be enough of us here willing to donate on regular basis to provide her with care she needs.

Please keep us updated and I salute your efforts Bruce.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Well her TB test was negative. Went to the Doc on Monday and the antibiotics were changed for 1 more week. She is walking now, albeit unsteady. And she is talking again. The DSWD staff are trying to get the parents to voluntarily give up the girl permanently so she will be in a safer and healthier environment. But no decision as of yet. Now over 18 pounds and hope to be 20 in a week. Of course it is because pam from the charity is going up the squatter hill 2 times a day to bring food and medicine for the girl. Lazy mother.... Just can't seem to grasp any schedule issues for taking medications on a timed schedule.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Lazy mother.... Just can't seem to grasp any schedule issues for taking medications on a timed schedule.

Unfortunately this is the way of life, No time management, lackadaisical ways will never save Lives their own included. 

In  Any other (for want of a better word) Civilized  Country, the release of this child from the parents would not ever be an issue.

JP

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Here are the latest pictures. While smiling and now standing, enlarge and note how dirty her mother keeps her and the shack she lives in. The shack is built on private land, without permission. When the land owner tells them to take down the shack, they sell it to unsuspecting squatters for 1000p or so, and simply build another!

post-404-0-01275500-1413427617_thumb.jpgpost-404-0-13690900-1413427641_thumb.jpg

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Here are the latest pictures. While smiling and now standing, enlarge and note how dirty her mother keeps her and the shack she lives in. The shack is built on private land, without permission. When the land owner tells them to take down the shack, they sell it to unsuspecting squatters for 1000p or so, and simply build another!

This gets more Heartbreaking each time I read the topic.

I have to wonder why the Authorities do not spend as much time and Money to protect these innocent children  as they do on the hopeless issue of Human Trafficking. 

Surely it is time that learned that everything, Safety, Security, health and Child Protection starts at home.

As I have said before, in any other country that cares about their children this Situation would never go unnoticed or unreported.

Did a Priest ever visit the makeshift home?

We can all rightfully Blame the mother but what about others, please don't tell me NO one knew about the plight of this little girl. :no:

JP :unsure:

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

This gets more Heartbreaking each time I read the topic.

I have to wonder why the Authorities do not spend as much time and Money to protect these innocent children  as they do on the hopeless issue of Human Trafficking. 

Surely it is time that learned that everything, Safety, Security, health and Child Protection starts at home.

As I have said before, in any other country that cares about their children this Situation would never go unnoticed or unreported.

Did a Priest ever visit the makeshift home?

We can all rightfully Blame the mother but what about others, please don't tell me NO one knew about the plight of this little girl. :no:

JP :unsure:

Well this is 'business as usual' and part of the Charm of a 3rd world country. The comments expressing shock are from individuals with a 1st world background. 

As an individual, I have been mocked with 'What? think you can save the whole world?'  and 'We have homeless and poor right here in the US'.

All true. But as limited as I am financially, I am trying to make a difference, 1 person at a time. As for the homeless and poor in the US, if this girl were here, then none of this would be allowed to continue. 

In reality, when she was taken to the hospital, she was unable to walk due to being so weak and frail. She is maybe 12" too short for her age and 20 pounds too light. Stunted! And the doctors would have 'let' her die due to the family's financial situation and that Philhealth insurance was no good in that the Hospital said they had no medicine.   

Once again, as the hospital staff found out that a (damn) Kano was watching and paying for medicine, then she was attended to. Other than that, it is Business As Usual! But with money comes medicine and food, and food more than 1 time a day!

OK all together now!  "Its More Fun In The Philippines" ! LOL

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

thank you BRUCE for the updates for this child,

I too feel bad that this can happen is a country that prides itself on GOD, the CHURCH etc,,

as Jack said if they could spend 1/5 of the effort they spend on "catching human traffickers" could one see the improvement of the other helpless children that go unnoticed ,

I would comment further on the parents BUT i have read and reread the forum rules on posting and I stop at that.